Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2012, 17:48   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Pet Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
This post may be considered 'off topic' but I felt compelled to post it.

Lucozade contains -
Glucose Fructose Syrup (24%)

High-fructose corn syrup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

....and scientific reasons for not injesting it -

Princeton University - A sweet problem: Princeton researchers find that high-fructose corn syrup prompts considerably more weight gain

"These rats aren't just getting fat; they're demonstrating characteristics of obesity, including substantial increases in abdominal fat and circulating triglycerides," said Princeton graduate student Miriam Bocarsly. "In humans, these same characteristics are known risk factors for high blood pressure, coronary artery disease, cancer and diabetes."
Thats the reason you should always drink Lucozade with Brandy Margaret
Old 30-04-2012, 18:50   #32

It's a helpful tip for the Viz generation. You have read too much into it. I need therapy now
Claytoner40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 18:53   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytoner40 View Post
It's a helpful tip for the Viz generation. You have read too much into it. I need therapy now
Think you always did
Old 30-04-2012, 22:09   #34
Senior Member+

I think claytoner40 should expand his argument rather than one line answers that I don't understand.
What was the reason for the original post, is there some sad story behind it all, can we help heal the hurt inside. We have various sections on here that could help. I run the "Not in touch with reality section" if you read some of my posts you will see that I am ideally suited to this role, and if I cant help then my assistant the 9 foot Duracell bunny could help.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 22:13   #35

No sad story, no hurt, no nowt. Just a Viz type helpful hint
Claytoner40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 22:22   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
There you go again with the one line answer, at least expand on your original thread starter to give us that are a bit slow a chance to catch the jist of the thread
Old 30-04-2012, 22:24   #37
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
You could've made that clear at the start. As you may have noticed from the responses a lot of people on here have pets & folk come on asking for help finding a lost pet, there was genuine concern & you were only having a laugh ?
Old 30-04-2012, 22:31   #38
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
There you go again with the one line answer, at least expand on your original thread starter to give us that are a bit slow a chance to catch the jist of the thread
Viz was/is a comic aimed at the adult (late teens early 20's) market, originated in the North East with characters such as Sid the sexist, the fat slags, Roger Mellie you see where it's headed.

They used to have a problem page/useful tips & suchlike, a satirical take on the red tops, the starting comment was such a "useful tip".

google Viz for a better idea.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 30-04-2012 at 22:34.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 22:31   #39
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Errr Dave I think you are thinking of Claytonx who used to do that a lot. This is Clayton 40 who has only made 6 posts... still annoying though.
Old 30-04-2012, 22:41   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Errr Dave I think you are thinking of Claytonx who used to do that a lot. This is Clayton 40 who has only made 6 posts... still annoying though.
No, not getting him mixed up if you read post 5 that explains it, sorry if I am coming across a bit terse, just trying to get an expansion on the original statement and not getting it.

I thought there was a back story, as the original post suggested a problem.

It turns out it was a humorous comment, but I didnt get it.
Old 30-04-2012, 22:44   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
thats the thing though; Its easier to say that now that your Bella is still alive. of course we all deal with loss in our own way. Your way of a celebration is admirable.
i had to deal with death at a young age, my mum died when i was 15, unfortunately you just have to get on with life and make the most of the time you have with loved ones and pets
Old 30-04-2012, 22:45   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Viz was/is a comic aimed at the adult (late teens early 20's) market, originated in the North East with characters such as Sid the sexist, the fat slags, Roger Mellie you see where it's headed.

They used to have a problem page/useful tips & suchlike, a satirical take on the red tops, the starting comment was such a "useful tip".

google Viz for a better idea.
Got it, its a comment from a comic. wished I had know from the start, if I had, I would have gone and counted the rice grains in the cupboard
Old 01-05-2012, 11:32   #44
Resting In Peace

Quote:
No, not getting him mixed up if you read post 5 that explains it, sorry if I am coming across a bit terse, just trying to get an expansion on the original statement and not getting it.

I thought there was a back story, as the original post suggested a problem.

It turns out it was a humorous comment, but I didnt get it.
OK Dave, I see where you're coming from now. It makes you wonder why some folks bother posting at all if that's all they've got to offer. And it was me got slagged off by Retlaw for meaningless posts!!
Old 01-05-2012, 17:36   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
OK Dave, I see where you're coming from now. It makes you wonder why some folks bother posting at all if that's all they've got to offer. And it was me got slagged off by Retlaw for meaningless posts!!
Yeah but you did deserve it sue

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..