Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2012, 16:04   #1
God Member

Pioneer 79

The Mall Blackburn
Pioneer 79 are one of three local
groups who have been shortlisted
for an award of £5,000. Shoppers
at The Mall, Blackburn, who
spend £20 or more can visit the
Ask Me Point (nr. O2) to receive a
token to nominate their group.
Reward customers get 3 tokens.
On 10th September the group that
have received the most tokens will
receive a cheque for £5000! This
will help us to buy new equipment
for the pool.
Please vote
for Pioneer 79
& spread the
message - all are eligible for the
free £100 draw

I have been asked to post this message on Accyweb by the Pioneer 79 Swimming Club which is currently based at Hyndburn Sports Center and organises courses for all levels and abilities. (My god-daughter is a member and I recently went to see a few training sessions) If anyone is interested in the courses they organise feel free to contact them :
Pioneer79 Club Shop is open at Hyndburn on the first Sunday of the Month
Club Contacts - Web site - Pioneer79 is a Swim 21 accredited amateur swimming club - email [email protected] - Facebook Pioneer '79 Swimming Club

Hope some of you will feel able to help if you do your shopping in the Mall in Blackburn

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-07-2012, 23:32   #2
Junior Member+

Re: Pioneer 79

A big thank you to all those supporting Pioneer 79 Swimming Club in the Mall's 'Local Champion' competition. A prize of £5000 goes to the organisation who accumulates the most tokens. The current positions are as follows:

Pioneer 79 - 9090
Salesbury School - 6163
Ramseys Kickboxing - 4762

At 5.00am this morning club members swam for the first time in Accrington Academy's new pool, and what a fantastic facility it is! In order that the club can achieve its goal of providing the fixtures and fittings to compliment the impressive infrastructure, we need your help to become the Blackburn Mall's local champion. The prize of £5000 will be a big boost to the ultimate aim of purchasing electronic timing equipment for the pool.

Keep shopping in the Mall and donating your tokens to Pioneer 79.

Thanks again for your support.
pyjamarama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:06   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyjamarama View Post
A big thank you to all those supporting Pioneer 79 Swimming Club in the Mall's 'Local Champion' competition. A prize of £5000 goes to the organisation who accumulates the most tokens. The current positions are as follows:

Pioneer 79 - 9090
Salesbury School - 6163
Ramseys Kickboxing - 4762

At 5.00am this morning club members swam for the first time in Accrington Academy's new pool, and what a fantastic facility it is! In order that the club can achieve its goal of providing the fixtures and fittings to compliment the impressive infrastructure, we need your help to become the Blackburn Mall's local champion. The prize of £5000 will be a big boost to the ultimate aim of purchasing electronic timing equipment for the pool.

Keep shopping in the Mall and donating your tokens to Pioneer 79.

Thanks again for your support.
Glad to see you're doing so well in the competition.

Until I came along to watch my god-daughter swimming I had no idea how much work and effort goes into it. She trains 5 times a week -that's a lot of time both for her and her parents as well as those who teach and organise everything. Keep up the good work.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 15-09-2012, 07:35   #4
God Member

Have just received this e-mail from my friend who is involved in the Pioneer79 swimming club.

"Pioneer79 win Mall Competition,

Many thanks to everyone who helped us to win the prize!"

Great news -they have won the £5000 prize for the club which is based in Hyndburn.

They have asked me to thank any from Accyweb who may have helped

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 15-09-2012, 12:24   #5
God Member

Not seen this thread until now but what a way to promote local community groups/charities.

Would it be too simple for the council to organise a monthly thing for 3 local charities where people get a voucher/token from a local shop for spending x amount of money in them. Those driving each charity would create their own publicity to get people shopping in Accrington for each month it runs.
Old 20-09-2012, 15:09   #6
Junior Member+

First of all thanks to Mobertol for publicising on Accyweb Pioneer 79's ultimately successful bid to win the Mall competition. I also agree with Lancsdave in his view that the sort of money generated by a promotion like this could be a stimulus in Accrington's economy. There is a similar thing operating at ASDA but I believe it is for more traditional charitable giving. The plus point for our club was that this promotion was specifically aimed at, and for the benefit of, voluntary sports clubs.

The money will be particularly helpful in our bid to equip the new pool at Accrington Academy with the necessary fittings to enable our swimming club to host competive galas, such as the Bolton and District Inter League Gala later this month.

Final points were
  • Pioneer 79 Swimming Club - 13087
  • Salesbury School Football Team - 9325
  • Ramsey's Ace Kickboxing - 6868
At a minimum spend of £20 a point you don't need to be Carol Vorderman to work out the amount of money associated with this promotion.

Thanks again to everybody who went out of their way to vote.
pyjamarama is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..