Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2008, 20:01   #31
Senior Member+

Re: potty training

I saw some quality things that I first seen on dragons den - which you can now get in bigger boots shops - they are coloured balls that float in the toilet and when you pee on them the balls turn round and little faces appear ( they are on the other side )..great idea and probably fun for dads too !! - so the incentive is to aim into the toliet, pee on the balls to turn them around to see the faces... sorted !
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-01-2008, 21:17   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
I saw some quality things that I first seen on dragons den - which you can now get in bigger boots shops - they are coloured balls that float in the toilet and when you pee on them the balls turn round and little faces appear ( they are on the other side )..great idea and probably fun for dads too !! - so the incentive is to aim into the toliet, pee on the balls to turn them around to see the faces... sorted !

Use a ping pong ball-its cheaper

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 11:05   #33
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

miss kitty, my son was going on 3 before he was potty trained, boys tend to be lazy, The most important thing is not to make a scene about it, he will do it in his own time, i used to think he gonna go to school with a nappy onbut he finally did it!!
dont worry about it
Old 30-04-2008, 14:25   #34
Senior Member+

RE all my worrying......
Jack started having dry nights a few months ago then about 6/8 weeks ago he just automatically using the toilet to wee......and last week i decided that it was time i stopped the nappies,so i have been putting him in 'big boy pants' and catching him n putting him on the loo when he started straining BUT today he disappeared upstairs and did a poo on the toilet....flushed the chain,washed his hands and didnt even bother telling me he had done it.....although i peeked so i knew so i praised him LOADS and his gona get a special present for his achievement!

NO MORE NAPPIES WOOHOO

WELL DONE JACK

Old 30-04-2008, 22:13   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
RE all my worrying......
Jack started having dry nights a few months ago then about 6/8 weeks ago he just automatically using the toilet to wee......and last week i decided that it was time i stopped the nappies,so i have been putting him in 'big boy pants' and catching him n putting him on the loo when he started straining BUT today he disappeared upstairs and did a poo on the toilet....flushed the chain,washed his hands and didnt even bother telling me he had done it.....although i peeked so i knew so i praised him LOADS and his gona get a special present for his achievement!

NO MORE NAPPIES WOOHOO

WELL DONE JACK

Well done to the little man, I cant wait till mine start doing that
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 16:42   #36
Junior Member+

Our son danny is 3 in september and the wifes getting a bit worried as he is still in nappies and dosent seem to like the potty,,, i told the wife not to worry just give the wee lad time,, its good to see some msg on here about the old potty training.. makes me worry a bit less reading one or 2 msg..

thanks guys and girls
Kevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 18:33   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
Our son danny is 3 in september and the wifes getting a bit worried as he is still in nappies and dosent seem to like the potty,,, i told the wife not to worry just give the wee lad time,, its good to see some msg on here about the old potty training.. makes me worry a bit less reading one or 2 msg..

thanks guys and girls
Jack was the same.......used to hide his potty from me so he wouldnt have to use it!I was worrying all the time-now he uses the toilet without even telling me his going.....seriosuly listen to these guys and tell her not to worry x

Old 04-05-2008, 18:37   #38
God Member

my nephew Cameron has just turned two and he's taken to it straight away, our kel leaves him without a nappy during the day when she's at home and he goes on it no problem, every child is different, some do and some dont, they will do it in their own time, just persivere (sp?) you cant force them to do it
Old 27-05-2008, 12:19   #39
Senior Member+

He's done it!!!!!, My son has used the potty for the 1st time last nite without me even saying nothing, he came to the livingroom and said mum im taking nappy off cuz is full, so i said ok put it on bin,anyway i turned and said if you need a wee potty is there, he says no i dont like it so i though oh i will try anyway.I never put a nappy on him and all of the sudden he went quite sat down on his potty and had a wee without me saying a word, his morning same thing, i took his nappy off and he went straight when he needed it.
Im so glad he has started because he starts nursery in september so he has to be of nappies.
Wohooooooo
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2008, 16:03   #40
Senior Member+

Isn't it great Surprising what can make a woman happy lol!

Old 28-05-2008, 16:18   #41
God Member

Quote:
A male managing to wee in the designated place is always a bonus.
Old 28-05-2008, 19:55   #42

i have 5 kids and each one were differnet ; never push the child if there not ready ; but if you take them out of nappys altogether then don;t go back ; my first just stoped puttin nappys on ; wet in the for a week at nite for two ; twin were the hardest try the same with them didn;t work as well as my first ; they were still wettin 6months after i took them out ; little boy ; won;t go for a number 2 ; unless he had a nappy on and that went on till he was nearly 4 ; my little girl was ok ; she did fine no problems with her but she was still in nappys at nite till she was 3half ; so like i said don;t push them that what i did with the twins and they were the worse ; they;ll do it when they ready ;
pussycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:59   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:

Tell me about it! havent been so exciting for a while, he still using potty , the only time he uses nappy is at nite cuz i havent started with the toilet routine
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:51   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolanda25 View Post
Tell me about it! havent been so exciting for a while, he still using potty , the only time he uses nappy is at nite cuz i havent started with the toilet routine
Yo, dont be scared of trying him at night. It was a hell of a lot easier than I thought it would be. I did the matress protector thing and all that, but he's been without nappies at night for at least a month or so, and only had one accident, which was my own fault really as he was really tired one night, well past his bedtime and he'd had a hectic day so just was in too deeper sleep.

Its really amusing waking up in the morning, to hear him go to the toilet or the morning 'man pee' (youd know what i meant if you heard it! )
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:18   #45
Clearly Classy.......

I found super glue helped....or velcro if he has sentitive skin!

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..