Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2011, 13:48   #1
Resting in Peace

Royal Blackburn Hospital

I went to the docs the other day for an annual heart checkup (yes before anyone says anything i do have one...somewhere)
and blood tests etc the blood tests have come back ok but..........
they want me to got to Hospital for a Echocardiogram at Royal Blackburn
I got a letter from them this morning asking me to attend on the 22nd of June at 1pm.
I was just wondering if the M&M bus service still run a bus to the hospital from Accy and how frequent it runs any help would be appreciated
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-06-2011, 15:46   #2
God Member

Re: Royal Blackburn Hospital

The only direct bus that I know of goes from Peel Street in Accrington via Ferngore, Oswaldtwisle and then on to the hospital. Can't find my timetable to let you know departure times but you can get one in the Town Hall, it is service 241
Old 03-06-2011, 15:56   #3
God Member

Found it online-
Traveline - Find a timetable

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 17:24   #4
Resting in Peace

Don't worry about the Echo job mick had one miself last year, and the young lady who does them is delightful too
Old 03-06-2011, 18:02   #5
Beacon of light

Something to look forward to then Mick......a nice lady doing your Echocardiogram....and a bus ride out too
Hope it all goes well for you Mick!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 21:19   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Don't worry about the Echo job mick had one miself last year, and the young lady who does them is delightful too
I too had this procedure two weeks ago in Carlisle hospital after a heart attack.
I was transferred to Newcastle hospital and had angioplasty where two stents were inserted in my ticker. I was discharged the following day.
I have been home just over a week and feel fine.
The NHS is not all bad.
Good luck Mick.....they know best.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 21:50   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

glad yer feeling better roy, meself i have had 1 bad experience wi the NHS. but quite a few good uns, i would never call the service, just the occasional ******, which yeh get in every walk of life.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:01   #8
Resting in Peace

Thanks all i have had this done before but had to go all the way to Lancaster so its a bit nearer this time.
Roy i had 3 stents fitted a couple of years ago they did help but has left me short of breath at times. this is why the want the test
Old 04-06-2011, 08:32   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I too had this procedure two weeks ago in Carlisle hospital after a heart attack.
I was transferred to Newcastle hospital and had angioplasty where two stents were inserted in my ticker. I was discharged the following day.
I have been home just over a week and feel fine.
The NHS is not all bad.
Good luck Mick.....they know best.
Glad to hear your okay Roy, I don't think the NHS has ever been bad, its just that there are too many people in ivory towers cocking the system up, all it takes is to allow people who know what they are doing to run the show, people with clinical knowledge, not out off work supermarket salesmen
Old 04-06-2011, 08:34   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Thanks all i have had this done before but had to go all the way to Lancaster so its a bit nearer this time.
Roy i had 3 stents fitted a couple of years ago they did help but has left me short of breath at times. this is why the want the test
Ya never said mick ya could have had a shot of my oxygen when you've called round
Old 04-06-2011, 08:44   #11
Resting in Peace

oh thanks jay will remember for next time
Old 04-06-2011, 15:10   #12
mez
God Member

glad your ok roy, i sent you a pm ....please reply love mez x x
Old 07-06-2011, 23:05   #13

You can get a 241 Lancashire United bus from the stop outside peel street
Alternativly get a 1a. 1b or 18 to Blackburn and then from stand O the Darwen Circus no 2 which takes you to BRI main entrance. Hope this helps
JulieCropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2011, 12:05   #14

You may have had your Echo watsit by now, Mick. Hope all went well. I had one a couple of days ago followed by a stress test on the tread machine that was a bit tough. Still I stayed the course and think all is well.

I've had to visit RBH a number of times and find the direct buses which runs from the stop outside Loydds Pharmacy on Peel street is so spaced apart I have often had to get a bus into Blackburn and then cross over to Stand 'O' to get a bus to the hospital.

I for one am truly grateful to the NHS and whilst all professional organisations make mistakes I believe we are so blessed with the health care we have available to us in this country.
Mikejoed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:34   #15
Resting in Peace

Yep i had the Eco last wednesday but did not need a bus in the end a accyweb member kindly took me in the car and brought me back.
i have to wait 10 days for the results.
as for treadmill test i hate doing that and the last time i had one i had to go all the way to Lancaster hospital just for the one test.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..