Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-03-2012, 08:06   #1
Resting in Peace

The new iPad

If your thinking of getting the new ipad just be aware
The 4G LTE mobile broadband adapter inside the new Apple ipad will NOT be compatible with UK networks .
Although mobile provider Everything Everywhere announced that it hoped to roll out 4G this year those who buy the new iPad wont be able to use the proposed network.
The adapter in the iPad cant receive the 4G signal that will be used here.
The new iPad can pick up 4G LTE at 700 MHz and 2100MHz while 4G in the uk will work at 900MHz and 1800MHz
So if your after a iPad get a iPad 2 with 3G or a new iPad with wireless only
this is taken from the computer Active mag

Australia are having the same problem according to tv news and Apple has offered to refund money .
Save yourself some money

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/ca/n...g-lte-comes-uk

Last edited by Mick; 31-03-2012 at 08:15.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-03-2012, 08:51   #2
Senior Member+

Re: The new iPad

Cheers ,Mick was thinking of buying one for wife.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2012, 12:12   #3
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

The ipad 3 does work on 3G networks so will work in the UK just not at 4G speeds

Three are advertising it with data plans here http://www.three.co.uk/Store/Mobile_...d/The_new_iPad
It says

Quote:
iPad connects to fast data networks around the world, including HSPA, HSPA+ and DC-HSDPA.*

*Mobile data service is available only on iPad with Wi-Fi + 4G model. 4G LTE is supported only on AT&T and Verizon networks in the US, and on Bell, Rogers and Telus networks in Canada. Data plans sold separately. See your carrier for details.
Both HSPA and HSPA+ are available in the UK

Last edited by Neil; 31-03-2012 at 12:18.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 17:11   #4

Mick was thinking of buying one for my Sister.
sangeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 19:29   #5
Senior Member+

Recently I bought a new iPad 3 (it was advertised as the new generation) and I have no problem going on line with the installed sim card when Wi Fi is not available.

Whether it is 3G 4G or any G I don't know, all I do know is that it works.
Old 16-07-2012, 21:38   #6
Beacon of light

Mick is yours one of the newest ones that doesn't work with 4G? Or were you canny enough to buy one of iPad 2's?

I don't think I will be getting one anytime soon...so I need not worry about what is compatible with what.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2012, 22:58   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

I don't think I will be getting one anytime soon...so I need not worry about what is compatible with what.
"SNAP" don't even know what one is, nor do i want too.
Old 17-07-2012, 05:42   #8
Resting in Peace

The one i bought and yes it is the new iPad is wireless only with no 3/4G at all
works fine on wireless networks and no extra cost for 3/4G
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2012, 11:34   #9
God Member

read somewhere apple arnt happy because Hewlett Packard have release a tablet which is basically the same as the i-pad.Reason for this is because HP designed the major componments or something so your just paying extra for the apple logo

didnt take much notice at the time as im not interested in i-pads but it could be worth looking into if your attracted to value for money rather than to a half eaten apple

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..