Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By duggie
  • 2 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By Bee

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2011, 18:36   #1

Tyre Place on Moscow Mill Street

Just a little warning, got the tracking done, on my wifes car, at the tyre place between Ossy Mills & Millercare (on Ossy MIlls car park), he charged me for doing the work and pointed out a problem (lower suspension arm) and that if I got it sorted he would check the tracking was still ok.

Got job done, took car back, he then tried to charge me again to do the tracking

Explained what he had told me the day before, but wouldn't touch car without me paying again.

Will never use again!!!!!

Just a little warning for anyone thinking of using him, DON'T ! ! !
sazandy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-05-2011, 09:57   #2

Re: Tyre Place on Moscow Mill Street

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazandy25 View Post
Just a little warning, got the tracking done, on my wifes car, at the tyre place between Ossy Mills & Millercare (on Ossy MIlls car park), he charged me for doing the work and pointed out a problem (lower suspension arm) and that if I got it sorted he would check the tracking was still ok.

Got job done, took car back, he then tried to charge me again to do the tracking

Explained what he had told me the day before, but wouldn't touch car without me paying again.

Will never use again!!!!!

Just a little warning for anyone thinking of using him, DON'T ! ! !
been once and never again, I run my own VAT registered business and after spending eighty pounds on a new van tyre he refused point blank to give a receipt despite the fact that he quoted me a price plus VAT. HM revenue please take a look at this chap
meemo26 likes this.
duggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2011, 11:46   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggie View Post
been once and never again, I run my own VAT registered business and after spending eighty pounds on a new van tyre he refused point blank to give a receipt despite the fact that he quoted me a price plus VAT. HM revenue please take a look at this chap
Perhaps they would if yeh took the trouble to report this duggie?
DAV007 and meemo26 like this.
Old 16-07-2011, 08:02   #4
Bee
I am Banned

How'bout file a Claim on him?.
meemo26 likes this.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2013, 19:21   #5

Had a new tyre fitted 3 months ago by these people. Was told today by a mechanic and another car tyre place, that they had actually fitted a dodgy tyre and it was ready to blow at any time, hence the wobbly driving. When I confronted them, they said they couldn't guarantee the tyre as it could only last a week and like the other guy, when I had it done, he also refused to give me a receipt

Anybody thinking of using them for 'new' tyres...DON'T!

Last edited by meemo26; 18-04-2013 at 19:24.
meemo26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2013, 08:00   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Did you have any problem with the tyre as soon as it was put on the car?

What was wrong with the tyre and how could another tyre place say a dodgy tyre was fitted 3 months ago. They have no idea what pot holes you have hit or what happened to it in that 3 months.

Yes the tyre could have been iffy when you had it fitted but coming on here slagging of a tyre fitting firm without telling us all the facts is out of order.

As for the receipt, It is your right to have a receipt for the work being done but you should have sorted that out when you had the tyre fitted. Did you contact trading standards or are you only upset now because you are believing what this other tyre fitter is telling you and not the first one?
Old 14-05-2013, 16:17   #7

I have used this place for tyres in the past, and kept getting punctures. When I took it in to get repaired it was the same old story, tyre has been driven on whilst flat and beyond repair even though it had gone flat overnight on the driveway and removed without driving on it, and therefore a new tyre had to be purchased. I've started to use the tyre fitter down near the church lights, in the old greyhound pub and have not had a puncture since. Would never go back using Moscow Mill again.
ossyshawboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2013, 20:26   #8
Senior Member+

Not used the one on Moscow Mill, but didn`t it used to be on Blackburn Road originally, the name Sulleys comes to mind.Had a good reputation back then. I`ve just had a repair done at a place in blackburn, an ex work colleague shares a unit with a tyre place so got it done for free.There are new rules for repairs, can`t repair a puncture within an inch from tyre wall.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 07:55   #9
Senior Member+

I took my tyre to ATS as I had a nail in the tread.The tyre had only done 8K miles.He looked at at then got a see through gauge to measure how far it was from the tyre wall and said it was just repairable. However once he had got the tyre off he called me over to see it .The nail had bend inside and was touching the tyre wall. He said he could not repair it as the repair patch would flex too much and would eventually come off . So £98 later a new tyre had to be fitted.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 08:03   #10

I always used Tommy Blank's on Dale St. when I was up yon - seemed good enough. (and his daughter Sandra was an added attraction!)
davebtelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 10:40   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebtelford View Post
I always used Tommy Blank's on Dale St. when I was up yon - seemed good enough. (and his daughter Sandra was an added attraction!)
I used em last week fer a slow puncture, was a nail he showed me, was well pleased wi the service.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..