Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2012, 08:40   #1
Senior Member+

winter jacket

as some of you know i like walking on the fells, and sleeping up there too, so as the weather gets colder time for a nice warm jacket.

i have just purchased a trespass jacket (i have an ongoing issue with trespass at the moment regarding my boots wich have been sent for testing, but thats another story), the jacket is on special offer at the moment at Decathlon (nearest store is Bolton) £39.99, it is wonderful and i recommend anyone who feels the cold and can afford it go out and get one, it comes with its own stuff pack and packs down to the size a little bit bigger than a tin of beans, but weighs next to nothing, i need lightweight stuff so i dont have to carry to much.

but the warmth from this very thin down jacket is unbelievable, if you felt it you wouldnt believe it, not very waterproof so more of a mid layer jacket, but you dont even notice you are wearing it, they also do a ladies cut at the same price, just thought i would share this with you all, highly recommend one for keeping the chill off

join me on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/61983378@N07/
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-11-2012, 11:20   #2
Super Moderator

Re: winter jacket

Is this the start of Accyweb's shopping channel?
Old 06-11-2012, 11:56   #3
Senior Member+

i thought it as sharing information?

Old 06-11-2012, 13:08   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

That sounds like a very good price for something as good as that. I have been looking for something to go under my waterproof Berghaus jacket that is thin and warm. The Berghaus has no warmth to it but is totally waterproof.

Do you have a link to the one you got so I can take a look please?
Old 06-11-2012, 13:12   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
That sounds like a very good price for something as good as that. I have been looking for something to go under my waterproof Berghaus jacket that is thin and warm. The Berghaus has no warmth to it but is totally waterproof.

Has yer Berghaus no inner felt lining neil? ours have n we find em very warm. Those others sound ok fer the price though.
Old 06-11-2012, 13:19   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

No it's just the outer with a goretex lining. It was a gift from a mate for helping him out and has been perfect walking the dog but as it's getting colder I need a warm layer under it. I like it that way so I can remove layers as I get to warm when walking.
Old 06-11-2012, 13:21   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Decathlon : Selling sporting goods, sportswear and shoes. Buy online and in... its on front page, i would recommend a trip to the store though, loads of bargains, i went to the stockport store and its huge.

Old 06-11-2012, 13:59   #8
Senior Member+

i too need layers, and whilst i was there i got a micro fleece for £6.99, they do 3 for £18, its basically a fleece jumper, so normally i have a base layer, fleece, down jacket, and waterproof jacket, so depending on conditions remove or add as required, also was at go outdoors the other day and they have some berghaus waterproof over trousers 39.99, but and they have a 3/4 zip onside that zips both ways so you can unzip em from the top if like me you get sweaty, i was told by someone in store that 12/11 they are going on special offer £25 and if you sign up for emails you get a £5 voucher, so basically half price

i have just renewed my discount card, so if anyone needs it pm me and i will give you details so you dont have to pay the £5 for the discount card

Old 06-11-2012, 14:06   #9
Super Moderator

Are you on commission from 'em or summat?
Old 06-11-2012, 14:08   #10
Senior Member+

its called ........................being nice, you may wish to try it sometime, go on be a divil, you might like it

Old 06-11-2012, 14:15   #11
God Member

you can buy micro fleeces in a lot of places, i have one and i paid £7 for it from Asda, ideal for putting on under my thin kagool (sp?) type coat
Old 06-11-2012, 14:20   #12
Super Moderator

This is me being nice. However, I'll make allowances for your sense of humour bypass in future.
Old 06-11-2012, 14:20   #13

Recommendations are good, nobody likes spending more than they have to!
Old 06-11-2012, 14:22   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
This is me being nice. However, I'll make allowances for your sense of humour bypass in future.
please ensure you do

Old 06-11-2012, 14:27   #15
God Member

they also sell Regatta micro fleece's in Matalan for a tenner, they aren't the zip through ones though, they are the 'jumper' type ones with a small zip

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..