Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Springhill Spot
Donate! Join Today

Springhill Spot A forum running in conjunction with Springhill Spotlight. Give your opinions on what is happening in your area. Air your views and grievances. Put forward ideas on how we can improve Springhill

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2014, 04:42   #76

Re: Anyone from Fern Gore?

Am I right in thinking Jim Payne lived up Fern Gore, Atarah
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-03-2014, 08:17   #77
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin View Post
Am I right in thinking Jim Payne lived up Fern Gore, Atarah
Jim lived on Downham Drive , Fern Gore .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:18   #78
JCB

I have just received the photo at the bottom in an email from Jim Payne .

We were talking about it on the phone yesterday . It says "Fern Bridge Oswaldtwistle" on the photo .

Jim was thinking that it could be how the bridge from Fern Gore to High Street used to look . The name and the surroundings of it suggest to me that it is that bridge . However , someone has told Jim of a wooden bridge in Cocker Lumb and he is unsure as to whether it could be that one . I recall a wooden bridge at Cockle Lumb at the bottom of the path from Gaulkthorn Farm , but I can't remember the surroundings of this bridge .

Can anyone help solve the mystery please ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fern Bridge.jpg (407.9 KB, 42 views)
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2020, 12:08   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry thornton View Post
I lived up F/G at 35 Rimington Ave., aged 2, from 1945 'til 1969,my mum Edna lived there 'til she died in 2002. I remember snow half way up front door but school never closed(Springhill infants and juniors then Woodnook).We kids had a great time.All families used t'sledge downt' field at back a Sheep Coyts Farm 'til well after dark.This was in the 50's.Very happy times.
Just came across this post by accident. We lived at 33 Riminington Ave next door from about 1952 to 1959 until we emigrated to Australia. We were the Zalewski family. My name is Peter (born in 1952) and my older brother Michael. Mike knew Graham (?) Thornton, I guess he was your younger brother.
ozpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2020, 12:15   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Angel View Post
Trying to think which house you lived in. I left there after I got married.
We lived at #30
Hi! We lived at 33 Rimington Avenue from 1952 to 1959. My brother Michael (born 1949) and myself Peter (born 1952). Surname was Zalewski. Dad was Polish and Mum an accrington born. We are now in Australia (emigrated in June 1959. My brother remembers a girl who lived on opposite side of Rimington Avenue and whose father was a bus driver.
ozpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..