Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Springhill Spot
Donate! Join Today

Springhill Spot A forum running in conjunction with Springhill Spotlight. Give your opinions on what is happening in your area. Air your views and grievances. Put forward ideas on how we can improve Springhill

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-07-2003, 20:46   #1

Post CCTV

I think there should be a CCTV cam at the botton of Exchange st on the strange junction with lonsdale st, it then could look up exchange, charter and lonsdale st and the other st i cannt remember. Anyone agree write to the darn council !!!!!
markinaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-07-2003, 22:11   #2
Caz
God Member

Post Re: CCTV

Well said. Might stop the bus stop and phone box being smashed for a start.
Also I think the bushes at that spot need cutting down. When you're crossing the road in front of the club, you can't see what's coming down Charter St.

You from Springhill, Marcinaccy?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2003, 14:31   #3

Yes Question
How many morons does it take to use a pay phone?

Well if they are using the one at the bottom of charter st then none, even the morons cannt use the damn phone box, all you i can hear is a bloody tingle on the coin return flap, the the handset going down. Jesus do these people not have bloody mobiles !

Surely BT must spend a fortune on that phone box, its been vandelised more times than Cilla Black's friggin Teeth !

Any way deep breath !!!! >
Old 25-07-2003, 14:39   #4
Caz
God Member

And people using it as their personal contact number! Can hear it  ringing half way up Exchange St.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 26-07-2003, 13:55   #5
Junior Member+

CCTV is a great idea. Might stop some of the idiots speeding round that corner too.
moonshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2003, 14:37   #6
Junior Member+

It's a good point but I think there would be alot of complaints if a CCTV sytem was installed in a residential area. You know, how many bedrooms would it be able to see into and all that. Anyway an alternative to the expensive remote CCTV and an alternative to alley gating could be small cheap CCTV cameras pointing at alley entrances from one of the two houses at the entrance. I'm sure the residents could be persuaded to have a little video recorder and camera installed half way up the house. And before you say the police haven;t got the resources to look at 12hours of tape if there is an incident give the tape to the victims, if my house was burgled I'd fast forward through a tape till I saw something.
leeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2003, 14:59   #7
Caz
God Member

There is a CCTV camera in Barnes Square, Clayton. Has been for a while. That is in the middle of a residential area too. Regarding cams on houses, I think we'd all have them if the council provided them, and gladly go through the footage ourselves!!

You from Springhill Leeeee?

- Oscar Wilde
Old 26-07-2003, 19:09   #8

Write to the council, telling them how good the cam would be great in the spring hill strange junction thing outside Springhill Club, I wrote to Gregory (pope) once about the cars speeding down charter st, and I got  a reply form the House of Commons, and as usual they have done ****e all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 ??? 8)
Old 27-07-2003, 01:45   #9
Caz
God Member

Come on everybody in Springhill. Get yer pens out now! Let's all start with an email. Let's SPAM them!!. Springhill People Are Mad [smiley=angry.gif]

- Oscar Wilde
Old 02-08-2003, 13:03   #10

CCTV is a great idea, after all the area which it would be overlooking is half way between Accy & Ossy, The last camera in Accy is at the end of Blackburn Road near traffic lights and the next camera is on Union Road outside the Village Pantry.
Oh and of course we have the little speed camera on Union Road just near the Tavern Public House - You have been warned.
Bordercollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2003, 16:06   #11
Junior Member+

=
craigos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2003, 19:11   #12
Caz
God Member

I don't know what it would cost, but taking an estimated guess would say about £20,000 initially, plus annual running costs.
Do you know?

Do you know the area being talked about?
There is a particular problem there with vandalism, juvenile nuisance, littering, etc,  and in particular a large amount of traffic at that junction approaching at ridiculous speeds.

We're not saying have a CCTV on every street corner, just in certain problem spots. They have done this in Clayton in an area very similar to this one, so why can't we have the same here?

As regards the Big Brother theory, why should that be a problem for anybody who has nothing to hide? It certainly doesn't bother me.

Every shop you go in these days, almost without exception has some kind of surveillance. People don't even think twice about it.

Why should we be worried about something that is hopefully going to improve  our standard of life.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 04-09-2003, 07:43   #13
Senior Member+

To all out there a CCTV can be focused so fine that it only takes a certain area in  question.Nobody needs to worry about an invasion of privacy, because the fines ares o high now the council would not be able to afford it
Old 04-09-2003, 12:02   #14
Caz
God Member

[quote author=Mik_Dickinson link=board=springhill;num=1059079569;start=0#12 date=09/04/03 at 08:43:24]To all out there a CCTV can be focused so fine that it only takes a certain area in question.Nobody needs to worry about an invasion of privacy, because the fines ares o high now the council would not be able to afford it[/quote]

Think the majority of people realise that anyway Mik.
Would have thought too that if there was any "invasion of privacy" that it would be the person committing the offence held responsible, not the council in general.

- Oscar Wilde

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..