Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Springhill Spot
Donate! Join Today

Springhill Spot A forum running in conjunction with Springhill Spotlight. Give your opinions on what is happening in your area. Air your views and grievances. Put forward ideas on how we can improve Springhill

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-07-2003, 19:17   #1
Caz
God Member

Post Community Wardens

Any comments on the Community Wardens and the job they are doing?

Were you under the impression, as I was that they could "fast track" any neighbourhood complaints to the council? After meeting them at a Springhill Network Group meeting, I found out this is not the case at the present time. Complaints have to go through the system just like any others. Let's hope the council alters this situation soon.

Obviously they are a good way of communicating concerns to the police as they liaise with them.

(Wardens link on Springhill Spotlight)

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-07-2003, 13:42   #2
Junior Member+

Post Re: Community Wardens

They definitely need to be given more priority when submitting complaints to the council, otherwise the whole thing seems pointless to me.

Great site and forum by the way!  Really good Idea!
moonshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2003, 19:11   #3

Well i have seen them, do they work at nights too? is there a cantact number we can call them on, ????? Do we have to use a massive spotlight into Accrington Cities Sky hoping the caped crusaiders will see our call of help ??? :P
markinaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2003, 19:57   #4
Caz
God Member

I've never seen any at night, and that's when a lot of the problems occur. There are 4 new wardens starting soon in Hyndburn, so hopeully we'll at least have a more visible presence during the day. I'll see if I can track down a number. It would be especially helpful for elderly people to have access to the wardens without having to go out looking for them.

- Oscar Wilde
Old 27-07-2003, 11:52   #5
Caz
God Member

Haven't found a direct contact number for the wardens.
You could try this though.

Warden Scheme Co-ordinator
Accrington Police Station
Spring Gardens, Accrington, BB5 2BJ
Tel: 01254 353 710 or 01254 387 359

[email protected]

Community Wardens page

- Oscar Wilde
Old 03-08-2003, 09:07   #6
Neal Parry

You can contact your Community Wardens via 01254 353 710 or FAX 01254 353 737. We do not work 24 hours, but we do have voicemail. Also, the wardens have e-mails depending on the area they work in.  The info. is as follows: [email protected] - [email protected] - [email protected] Hope this helps.  You can also contact me and I will pass the message on to the Community Wardens for your area if need be.  Many thanks.
Old 03-08-2003, 21:32   #7

Thank you Neil for at least contacting us...
Old 04-08-2003, 12:06   #8
Caz
God Member

Thanks for taking the time to contact us Neal.
Look forward to some input from the wardens on the site soon!

- Oscar Wilde
Old 04-08-2003, 20:54   #9

Well it shows that people are taking note of what we are doing.
Bordercollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 21:45   #10
Caz
God Member

Any chance of getting Steve Todd of Environmental Health to have a look at this Forum and website and make a comment or two, Neal?

- Oscar Wilde
Old 06-08-2003, 13:09   #11
Resting in Peace

I see in the paper that the wardens are going to start fineing people
for letting there dogs foul the area of springhill £50 if they dont start cleaning it up .
this is a great idea .
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 17:01   #12
Caz
God Member

For any area! Can't understand the mentality of people who just walk their dogs on recreational areas (or any where for that matter) and don't bother to clean up after them. What's wrong with using  their own back yard as a doggy toilet?
Oh of course - they would have to clean it up!

- Oscar Wilde
Old 10-08-2003, 10:14   #13

When was the last time anybody say a Warden in the past coulpe of days?
Bordercollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 16:29   #14

These people do a good service to the town. They handle things that the police dont have time to, and should be respected. We are lucky to have them to be honest!
Old 10-08-2003, 18:52   #15

I agree damers, they do a great job and it cannot be easy.

And to reply to Bordercollie, I saw 2 of them at the bottom of lonsdale street 2 days ago.

I spoke to them about what they where doing and I think they are great. If you have nothing to hide then you should have nothing to fear.  The people who do think negative of them need to be evicted (cos they sure don't own their houses)! It can only be a good thing for the people that are good.  Anyone else can just..........

ukbug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..