Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Springhill Spot
Donate! Join Today

Springhill Spot A forum running in conjunction with Springhill Spotlight. Give your opinions on what is happening in your area. Air your views and grievances. Put forward ideas on how we can improve Springhill

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-03-2010, 21:10   #1
mez
God Member

Disgusted !!!!!

this past few weeks ive been doing a lot of walking, from springhill either into town or my favorite walk up to ossy, now i know its winter but !!!!! the streets in springhill & going into town are very very disgusting, im sure that the council could do something to pick this rubbish up thats lying about everywhere i know the wind blows stuff around but surley its not good for kids to play nr the stuff, i say " get the ones who are on an asbo to clear all streets" it won't do um any harm. another gripe is whilst walking around fern gore they are doing sewrage work or something & where the rugby pitch is its been fenced off & some little " persons" have bent all the fencings down the pathway ........im disgusted totally ...no respect for the area's that they live in ................suprisingly enough ossy aint bad .....i wonder why?
Accrington Web
Old 19-03-2010, 21:14   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Disgusted !!!!!

Some of the back alleys in the town centre are littered with piles of old rubbish, that's been there for weeks, if not months. Some of it within yards of the Town Hall!

So I certainly know what you're saying Mez.

(Welcome back by the way. You were missed. x)

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 21:41   #3

Have you contacted your local council cleansing departments and told them about it?

Or perhaps your local councillors?
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 22:58   #4
God Member

mez its teh council that are responsible for most of teh rubbish been there in teh first place because they cant hit the back of a bin waggon literaly.I can guarentee you if it was a different area like the posher part of oswaldtwistle they wouldsend somone up with a golden broom and shovel to remove the waste just like they provide a green bin for grass cutings in posher areas with gardens yet areas like rothwell avenue with both front and back gardens dont get a green bin and garden waste colections because HBC says it isnt a gardened property area despite them building the houses and sending warning letters out when they owned them for untidy gardens.

also if you ring up and ask for rubbish they let go into your garden to be removed you will be told it cant be removed on grounds of health and safety , im forever cleaning up other peoples crap that HBC let go into my garden

the lower your council tax band teh lower the amount and quality of service you get

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..