Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Springhill Spot
Donate! Join Today

Springhill Spot A forum running in conjunction with Springhill Spotlight. Give your opinions on what is happening in your area. Air your views and grievances. Put forward ideas on how we can improve Springhill

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2004, 08:20   #1

Angry Dog Dirt.

The amount of DOG DIRT on the pavements in our area is disgusting, it seems to have got worse in the last month or so, people can't think very much of Springhill if they are letting their dogs foul on the pavements, surely it's not hard just to pick it up in a bag and dispose of it in the correct manner.
Actualy my uncle has been fined by the wardens for letting his dog S--T on the pavement, he got a £50 fine and rightly so, any body any views on the matter?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Poo 2..jpg (3.1 KB, 145 views)
File Type: jpg Poo 3..jpg (3.7 KB, 200 views)

Last edited by Bordercollie; 27-06-2004 at 08:41. Reason: Spelling Error.
Bordercollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-06-2004, 14:57   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Dog Dirt.

Yes, I have views. When I had a dog I also had a pooperscoop and picked up the dog waste. All dog owners should do so. Also dogs should not be allowed out on their own because quite often it is dogs out on their own which make the mess. Unfortunately the owner has to be seen allowing his dog to foul before he/she can be fined and how often does that happen?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2004, 15:50   #3
God Member

It annoys me because when I'm out with my dog, I always pick up the mess but you can bet your bottom dollar that the kids will stand in some other person's dogs mess who couldn't be bothered to clean it up. It only takes a couple of minutes but some people don't think of others at all.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2004, 16:27   #4
Resident Waffler

We've just been out for a walk with a dog and dog owner (complete with plastic bag to collect the inevitable) not more than 25 yards up the road and what did we come across? Somedog else's pile of pooh! sigh..........

Old 27-06-2004, 17:54   #5
Always EVIL within us

As a dog owner I always take a bag with me. I am not one of those who leave doggie poos all over the place.
Busman747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2004, 08:28   #6

Unfortunately, it will be those that do clear up who respond to subjects like this, those that do not would steer clear.

When I used to cycle to work I was just waiting for a dog owner to complain to me about cycling on the canal towpath, being prepared to rip into them for all the pile of dog poo that I had inadvertantly ridden through. Grrrr...

Its not only dogs that poo on our back streets, especially at the weekends when the pubs have closed

Funnily enough, you never hear of someone who gets fined for letting thier doggy dirty the streets despite the local bylaws..
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2004, 18:15   #7

My uncle got done, he was fined £50 by the wardens, but it's the only 1 I have heard about.
Bordercollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2004, 18:12   #8
Junior Member+

Plenty of dog poo in our street. Come sunday what a treat. One scoop or two? Yummy. However, nobody appears to complain about drunks urinating in doorways.
Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 16:42   #9
Resident Waffler

I'd complain about it if they were doing it in my doorway.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..