Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Springhill Spot
Donate! Join Today

Springhill Spot A forum running in conjunction with Springhill Spotlight. Give your opinions on what is happening in your area. Air your views and grievances. Put forward ideas on how we can improve Springhill

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-10-2003, 14:29   #1
K a h

Post Play area on Fairfield St

Is there any news on the play area on Fairfield St?
I thought we would have heard something by now, the meeting was supposed to be early september. ???
Accrington Web
Old 16-10-2003, 09:02   #2
Caz
God Member

Post Re: Play area on Fairfield St

It shouldn't be long now hopefully. the last I heard they were trying to decide exactly what to do with the area.

A start has already been made on play areas in other places e.g. India St, so hopefully we'll hear something soon.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2003, 09:24   #3
K a h

Cheers Cazza
Old 16-10-2003, 11:24   #4
K a h

Cazza? where did that come from, should have been Cazzer. Sorry [smiley=coffeecup.gif]
Old 04-11-2003, 16:06   #5
God Member

Anyone got any news on the play area yet?

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 04:40   #6
Resting in Peace

The one at the bottom of india street is finished
the kids seam to like it.
will see how long it stays looking good ;D
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2003, 05:30   #7
God Member

Just received this in an email from HBC
"The results from the consultation have proved inconclusive and as such the authority is deciding the best way forward. However, just to complicate matters Lancashire CC are opening a new school building for Springhill School and have offered Hyndburn use of the old school site, so unfortunately as both sites are so close the decision as to what to do and where have become intermingled. As clearly it would not be prudent of the authority to have 2 parks so close to each other.

Let me apologise for the delay in the decision making process, I estimate we will have an answer for you in the very near future"

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 12:46   #8

Re: Play area on Fairfield St

as far as i know nout is being done to the park, which is great news.

They money is going to Rhyddings park and they have started work on a new playground on the field.

ab
asfc babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 12:54   #9
Caz
God Member

Dont't Quote me on this.
As far as I know that was all stopped months ago, and I haven't heard anything to the contrary. There was a big hoo ha, and our local Councillors and others made a very active protest, therefore stopping he money going to Rhyddings.
As far as i know the final decision hasn't been made yet as to what's
happening with the Springhill play area, but the possibility of something in conjunction with the school has been raised.
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 19:51   #10

think i've read what you said right.

Work on Rhyddings park as already started. Nearly got the playground up.

Must have got the money from somewhere, but i suppose it doesn't have to be conected to the fairfield thing.

ab
Old 03-04-2004, 18:45   #11
Accrington Web Mascot

I hope they restore Rhyddings Park to it's old glory - it used to be great going there as a child. I lived closer to the Fairfield St when I was younger so went there more often. Now there isn't anywhere for the kids to go. They really need to sort something out quickly.
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 20:28   #12

well its looking good, the kids will be well chuffed!

most admit fairfield st is a bit naff now, but thats only cos the bloke in the bungalow took the swings down. Grumpy devil!

ab
Old 03-04-2004, 21:02   #13
Accrington Web Mascot

Yes - I remember him taking them down - I know he did get bothered by kids hanging around at night (was one of them at one time) but I can't believe he took them down & the council did nothing about it! If you live in front of a park you have got to except that you will hear kids swinging on swings! He used to come out & tell us to stop swinging! Then one night he just took the council's property down & they didn't go back up. It would have been different if it was the kids that took the swings down. then it would have been criminal damage.
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 13:01   #14

yeh, he used to come out shouting at us to. He should have got done, we where so upset at the time cos we weren't allowed to go to Rhyddings park on our own! We had to make do with playing rounders on the field!

ab
Old 04-04-2004, 21:32   #15
mez
God Member

oo the mentalaty of some people, im expecting a lot of kids hanging round the new school thats just been built at the side of me, im not happy, but needs must as they say.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..