Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Springhill Spot
Donate! Join Today

Springhill Spot A forum running in conjunction with Springhill Spotlight. Give your opinions on what is happening in your area. Air your views and grievances. Put forward ideas on how we can improve Springhill

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2003, 18:19   #1

Post Spring Hill School

As the new school appears you may like to keep up to date by visiting the school's web site at www.springhillschool.co.uk.  There are pictures of the recent building work and links to the history of the old school
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-08-2003, 21:18   #2
Caz
God Member

Post Re: Spring Hill School

Thanks for reminding me Tommy!

Also a link to the site on Springhill Spotlight.

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 07:40   #3
Senior Member+

Does anybody really want to be linked with Springhill school????? Drove through there last week while back in the old country.It has not changed much and like people say' The place will only be that what the people there make of it.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:08   #4
Caz
God Member

[quote author=Mik_Dickinson link=board=springhill;num=1061403574;start=0#2 date=09/04/03 at 08:40:31]Does anybody really want to be linked with Springhill school????? Drove through there last week while back in the old country.It has not changed much and like people say' The place will only be that what the people there make of it.[/quote]

What's your problem with the school?  ???

And a lot of people around here are working hard to change things for the better.

Springhill is no worse than some other areas in Accrington, but because we have a number of people prepared to stand up and do something here, we are now getting a higher profile.  

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2003, 21:04   #5

I am happy to say I attended spring hill school when it was a council school most of the time during the war In front of the school the airraid shelters were we had the odd occasion to use mostly false alarms and of course the familys that went to the school  to name just a few first the heywoods they lived just round the corner on the then richmond st beardsworth family, the gregsons , the whatmores ,wilkinson twins watch out there they were both boxers ,professer thompson who turned out to be the brains of accrington passed every exam going Icould go on and on but I will finish by saying spring hill school for  ever and good luck to the new school when it opens
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2004, 08:25   #6

Re: Spring Hill School

I Went To Springhill School But Im Now In 4th Year At Moorhead. Springhill Was Gr8!
Old 11-06-2004, 07:21   #7
Resident Waffler

I'm linked with Springhill School and proud to be so. The new school building is a great improvement on the old one. It is so light bright and airy. One of the children said it's more like a hotel than a school. How can you say it hasn't changed much Mik?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2004, 19:00   #8

My dad us go to springhil hes 43 now his name i Steven Mc Donough anybody remember?
matthewm56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2004, 17:24   #9
Resident Waffler

Question Re: Spring Hill School

Did he go to the final open day of the old school? There were a lot of old pupils there.

Old 25-06-2004, 17:51   #10
mez
God Member

if you look at the date it was posted it was in 2003 so mik hasnt seen the new school, must admit it does look nice but its taken all my view away i used to sit at my back door & i could see up ossy & rishton golf club & some of blackburn so in that respect i hate it //
Old 25-06-2004, 17:56   #11
Resident Waffler

Lightbulb Re: Spring Hill School

Oh so it was.

I was going to take a photo of the school this morning but I forgot. It's been one of those days.

Did you know that the flag has been signed by none other than Sir Cliff Richard?

Old 25-06-2004, 18:01   #12
mez
God Member

ive taken some whilst they were building it but i havnt got a scanner to put them on with
Old 25-06-2004, 19:03   #13
Junior Member+

Quote:
Did you know that the flag has been signed by none other than Sir Cliff Richard?
Who is he?
He hasn't been on at the phoenix
BrianPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2004, 19:05   #14
Resident Waffler

Wink Re: Spring Hill School

Ask Tony Blackburn

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..