Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Springhill Spot
Donate! Join Today

Springhill Spot A forum running in conjunction with Springhill Spotlight. Give your opinions on what is happening in your area. Air your views and grievances. Put forward ideas on how we can improve Springhill

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2004, 14:51   #1

Angry SpringHill

Springhill? you can keep it. The sooner I can afford to get out of here, the better. I have lived next door to a rented property for nearly ten years. Rented by 'Magenta' I may add. Everyone in this area knows who they are, everyone knows the kinds of people that end up their properties, but still it goes on. Magenta owns the house next to me and they have let it out to the most disgusting set of weirdo,s drunks, no hopers that you have ever seen. I have had to have two sets of these people evicted because of anti social behaviour and this took months to acheive. We have had to put up with loud music, fighting in the streets, yobs breaking windows, damaging cars and the rest. These people don't work, they don't do anything apart from getting drunk everyday and making decent folks life a misery. I see that Magenta has passed on it flea pits to Eafield & Maple to rent out. The house next to me was dolled up a bit and some woman was put in there. It was a matter of a month before the loud music started. Now this woman and her lunatic teen daughter insult us in the street, harrass my wife and family and, youve guessed it, don't work, and get drunk all the time. The police are never away from the door and i am now, again in the process of having to go through the legal system to get these crazies out of there. It doesnt help having an old mill property with a shared yard in which these yobs have access to. As for the area. People don't build slums, people make slums, and the kind of 'couldn't give a toss' low lifes that get thrown into these properties don't contribute at all to any kind of community spirit. We are passed the 'reason' stage. We are past the 'get along' bull spouted by the council do gooders. If they want the area to be 'nice'. then get the scum out of here. If you have lived with it as long as I have, and no doubt there are many around here who have, then you will know how I feel. Look at the property that has been built where Rists Wires used to be. Ha, what a joke, If you could afford a mortgage for over one hundred thousand plus pounds, would you live there. No way, you are practically facing scum central. I feel sorry for the decent folks who live in the terraced streets of spring hill. How do they hope to sell and get out of there if no one will buy. I personelly know people who have sold cheap to get away. Enter the rental agencies, buy the house cheap, stick someone in who has the council paying the rent, and here we go again. Its just a matter of greed by some, not all, landlords who just take the money. I do know there are plans afoot to sort out these landlords but nothing seems to have come of it yet. So, a couple of years and I,m out of here, unless things dramatically improve. As for the wheely bins, well. I don,t mind, its a bout time. Weve only got them coz of the new properties being built and I won,t beleive any other reason. Its a good Idea. I can sort my rubbish if it helps and its better than the local wildlife ripping the bags apart. But do you see these drunk yobbish characters doing it. I can,t. they wont bother with such tasks. I know my neighbour hasn't. If it wasnt for us, she would still have a full bin, as she hasn,t the presence of mind or, day even,to wheel the thing out for collection. We had to do it just for the sake of Hygeine. So, no matter what they build, or what 'they' plan. They can call it phoneix, or Dodo for all I care, but none of it is going to change the people. The people is where the problem lies. If these reprobates dont want to contribute then they should be moved into their own area and they can all get drunk together and we can live in peace. Its not a matter of people with money versus those on low income. Income has nothing to do with antisocial behaviour. Yes I know there are plenty people who would say it has everything to do with it. So I,ll keep that in mind if I ever loose my job and my family and I end up living in a low rental property. I,ll remember to instantly start making as much noise as possible. I,ll take up drinking in a big way and wear the same clothes day in and day out. I,ll start smoking because no matter how skint I am, theres always money for 'fags'. I,ll take a screwdriver and run it down the bonnet of any smart cars I see in the area and to top it all, I,ll get the biggest bull terrier I can find, call it fluffy, and let it crap wherever it likes. SCUM, I can do without them.
boardstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-08-2004, 14:54   #2

Re: SpringHill

is were touble is at fairflield st thanks
new accy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2004, 16:14   #3

its all around here as we all know
boardstalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2004, 09:46   #4
Junior Member+

Thumbs down Re: SpringHill

me thinks its spring street meself, used to have a mate who lived on there! nice street, that was 10 year ago, when all the old dears lived on it!! now its a flea pit!! and full of clampits, some are decent like ya said the ones who have bought there house!! spring hill is>> ooh: need a say more and eres a message to all you clampits >>opps i forgot they cant afford commys and if they did they wont be on the internet.......... why... cuz there the type who dont pay there bloody phone bill!!!!!!!!!!!! I rest my case!!
Old 31-08-2004, 23:23   #5
Resident Waffler

We've also had problems in the past with a rented house next door. We've had some nice neighbours in there too at times. Like you said, it isn't anything to do with level of income, more like level of mentality.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 03:25   #6
Junior Member+

I've lived next door to an alchoholic who plays Jazz music quite loudly at various times during the night, but I still prefer him to the kind of people that have moved round here over the past year or so.

The sad thing is that even if these people get moved on, they are still going to do the same thing somewhere else, and the cycle repeats. What's needed is for them to get their heads sorted out and for them start to understand that they aren't the only people that count, and that their actions affect other people. It's the selfishness of "I'll do it because I want to do it - who cares about anyone else?" attitude that needs to shift.

I remember a time when this place felt like more of a community, but now it feels like it's full of strangers. The thing is with these people moving here is that they seem to attract similar types to the area. Once it's messed up and the value of the property in the area decreases, it's more likely that more of these kind of people will be coming to live here.

It's obvious that a lot of us that have lived here for years ( and maybe even some newcomers) are very much displeased with the current situation and I just hope that the council acts accordingly.
Beanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2004, 20:52   #7

Thumbs down Re: SpringHill

My mother in law is in her 60s has just had to move from the rist wires area before she had another stroke, all she wanted was a peacefull life but in that nighbourhood there was no chance. My mother in law is not a fit person but was one who helped even less fortunate elder people with there shopping, medication and all other jobs that needed seeing too. Now she is away from there she is not near any shops and miles away from town, she has lost all her elderly friends that she used to see daily who will probably now be suffering as well as she is. She says it was'nt a choice of where to move she had to move.

Now she's upset because she thinks she's let people down. SHOULD PEOPLE HAVE TO LEAVE THERE OWN HOMES? People who live next door to any rented property in Hyndburn be aware these yobs get evicted and rehoused.
bobthedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2004, 21:37   #8
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie
The sad thing is that even if these people get moved on, they are still going to do the same thing somewhere else, and the cycle repeats. What's needed is for them to get their heads sorted out and for them start to understand that they aren't the only people that count, and that their actions affect other people. It's the selfishness of "I'll do it because I want to do it - who cares about anyone else?" attitude that needs to shift.

I remember a time when this place felt like more of a community, but now it feels like it's full of strangers. The thing is with these people moving here is that they seem to attract similar types to the area. Once it's messed up and the value of the property in the area decreases, it's more likely that more of these kind of people will be coming to live here.
It would be the ideal solution if these people could be sorted out and made to conform and to realise that they do have an impact on other people and must change their attitude - but can you honestly ever see that happening?

I once made the mistake of thinking I could reason with someone as one sensible adult to another. Very quickly I realised that I wasn't talking to a sensible adult but to a self-centred moron.

Sadly I have to agree also that once you get one or two in the area more and more seem to move in, they bring down the value of the property they occupy and as no-one other than their own sort wants to live near then it also brings down the value of surrounding property. Suddenly it feels like you are living in alien territory and there's nothing you can do about it.

Don't us ordinary normal people have any kinds of rights not to be subjected to this sort of thing? Of course we do, but just try to get it enforced and you'll see how totally unworkable it is.

So what's the solution? Well, it's very non-PC but I'd love to just pile them all up in a concentration camp type place and keep them away from the rest of society.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 19:31   #9
Senior Member+

So what's the solution? Well, it's very non-PC but I'd love to just pile them all up in a concentration camp type place and keep them away from the rest of society.

Actually there is one just down the road from us that is not being used, its called Dachau.Should i get in touch with the Hyndburn Council about rent?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..