Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Springhill Spot
Donate! Join Today

Springhill Spot A forum running in conjunction with Springhill Spotlight. Give your opinions on what is happening in your area. Air your views and grievances. Put forward ideas on how we can improve Springhill

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2004, 21:13   #1

Exclamation Teen Gangs

I sure a few people have been aware for the past few weeks that the TEEN GANGS that have been moved from areas of Spring Hill no seem to be hanging round Exchange st. A few also may have noticed that cars have been vandalised, wing mirrors smashed, repeater covers pinched.
I have caught 1 little scroat on my video cam pinching my repeater cover, if anyone would like the movie or stills from the movie to ID the little s***t then let me know.

We need to stop these little swines before it gets out of hand.
markinaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-04-2004, 21:45   #2
Caz
God Member

Re: Teen Gangs

Tonights been mental up here.

By 8.00pm we had seen half a dozen or so people walking around the lower end of springhill with obvious signs of being in fights.
People smashing bottles all over the place, car radios blaring etc.

Plus one particularly nasty specimen of humanity out of his tree and giving his girlfriend a good kicking on Lonsdale St. At least the police caught that scumbag.
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 07:33   #3
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Markinaccy, please keep your footage of the kid and collect as much as you can. If anything happens in your area, write down the dates and times and descriptions of these kids if you see them. This came in useful for us in the area I live in. We got enough complaints and descriptions together and with the help of our beat officer and community warden had 3 antisocial behaviour orders slapped on these kids. Believe me, our area is now much quieter. My neighbours kids can play out without being bullied and we can put rubbish out on bin day without it being torched and there have been no more properties damaged and set on fire (honestly, it was really bad at one time)

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 20:45   #4
Accrington Web Mascot

Don't you think it's crazy that nowadays it's up to us to collect the evidence before action will take place? Why should innocent people have to live with this going on - on their doorsteps for possibly months before the police/courts will do anything.
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:36   #5

Last Night (monday) Someone Scrached My Friends Car, It Is A Black Corsa At The Bottom End Of Exchange St. Any One Know Anything Plerase Let Us Know
Old 04-05-2004, 10:46   #6

I Urge All People To Get A Camera On Thier Cars, We Need Also To Write To The Steel Works To Build Some Garages On Thier Land, They Will Make A Small Fortune
Old 04-05-2004, 12:19   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff
Don't you think it's crazy that nowadays it's up to us to collect the evidence before action will take place? Why should innocent people have to live with this going on - on their doorsteps for possibly months before the police/courts will do anything.
It wouldn't go on for months if people reported it.

Any little crime, contact the local Police who will make a record of it. Ask them to pass you the reference number (Usually EQ then a number then the date if in this area). All this information is passed to the Community Beat Manager / Community Wardens / PCSO's who have to deal with it, otherwise they would be in trouble for not dealing with all these problems.

Lettie did the right things and it got sorted.

My mother had a problem like this in Burnley, but she did the same as Lettie and now the problem family have been kicked out of the area.

If people don't pick up the phone and report, how can they know it's happening? Just to let you know also, the Police are not allowed internet access so can't visit this site!

Just report every little thing to the Police control room then it is logged, no mattter how small it may be.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:22   #8

Just to add to markinaccy's info:

Yes, get a CCTV camera or a video camera. Don't worry about privacy laws! If someone is damaging your health or property, then get them on camera. This helps a lot.

I have a camera on the front of my house watching the car, etc.
Old 04-05-2004, 20:01   #9
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I live in the Peel ward and we've just had the quietest weekend for ages. I believe the police were targeting this area after an increase in break ins and reports of scum causing criminal damage and underage drinking, Netto have a lot to answer for on that topic. Well done Mr Policemen, but I suppose it will be back to normal again this weekend.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 13:20   #10
Senior Member+

anyone notice the house on corner of springhill road and stevenson stree (dunno which one lol) opposite shop. was being done up and all new windas broke.
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 14:21   #11
Senior Member+

I have done a bit of work on that house over the last few years, And because the local scum know its empty they view it as easy pickings and will not leave it alone.. feel sorry for new owners that are trying to do it up
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 14:31   #12
Senior Member+

another window went just yesterday i think. the garage collapsed this year due to well being invaded every night.
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 16:56   #13
mez
God Member

yea i past that on my way to ossy mills yesterday, its not fair when people are trying to do houses up, as i went past the shop there was at least 6 youths, 1 with an alsation stood there i felt quite intimidated, as i was going in the shop, iwas walking & i was on my own as i was meeting someone nr ossy mills, i must say the lads were fine but it does make you wonder///
Old 10-05-2004, 17:33   #14
Caz
God Member

Did anyone see the article in the telegraph last week about possible trial curfews in the Hyndburn area?

Must say it sounds good on the surface, peaceful nights, but not sure how it would work in the long term.
They haven't decided on age limits or times apparently yet, but I don't see why well behaved kids should be restricted in any way, because of the bad ones. Why don't they just target the ones causing the problems and slap curfews on them?

A little birdy tells me that 2 people were picked up earlier today on Pickup St, one carrying a knife,
Suppose it'll be in the Telegraph tomorrow.
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 17:37   #15
mez
God Member

cazzerfor the life in me i cant think were pickup st is & i live local dont i

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..