Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Springhill Spot
Donate! Join Today

Springhill Spot A forum running in conjunction with Springhill Spotlight. Give your opinions on what is happening in your area. Air your views and grievances. Put forward ideas on how we can improve Springhill

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2003, 17:38   #16
Resting in Peace

Post Re: Welcome

oh will try again then on the other side of the bridge :P
im new to the area only lived here 9 years
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-07-2003, 22:27   #17

OK.....

I admit it....

I live in Springhill......
Old 22-07-2003, 22:28   #18

Somebody has too.......
Old 23-07-2003, 11:02   #19
Senior Member+

i think i live in springhill....near richmond street on Willows lane...am i right?im kinda new so im not right sure...  :-/

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2003, 11:23   #20
Senior Member+

Post Re: Rats

so what do people think about our little furry friends and the action the council are taking? during the meeting the other day my friend mentioned it and to no surprise half the peeps didnt even know about it....especially the journalists!

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....

mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2003, 11:45   #21
Caz
God Member

Not sure about where the boundaries lie in that direction. Going to find out though, for future reference.

The rat situation is going to get worse in the near future if something isn't done about it. They have been seen in the Spring St & Lonsdale St areas recently. I can imagine what's going to happen when they start demolishing on Lonsdale St - they're going to migrate up here.

If the council cracked down on people more, whether it be litter, refuse or in rubbish in back gardens, things wouldn't be as bad

If people use the Wheelie bin system properly, and the council actually DO something about those that aren't, things could  be alleviated somewhat

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2003, 18:48   #22
Caz
God Member

Seems I was under a misapprehension about the Pickup's site. Apparently flats are to be built there, and Ossie Mills are using the land on Springhill Road as a coach park. Sorry!!

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 18:55   #23

Re: Welcome

I was really angry this morning, there was a group of young people hanging round the phone box at the bottom of Exchange Street about 8.15 am, when they had gone it was aparent that they had damaged the reciever on the phone, making it useless.
I rang the local police giving details of the above & stating i could give descriptions of a some of the thugs (who were also drinking) i was told an officer would call round later to gain more details.
The officer arrived at approx. 10.15 am, some 2 hours after the offence had taken place, surley this is a mindless act of vandelism, i rang BT & told them about the matter & they came out & replaced the handset, when will all this stop?
Some time ago another member sugested trying to get a camera installed at the bottom of Charter st on the spare land near the Springhill Club, perhaps it would be a good idea???
Can somebody tell me when the next local meeting is please.
Bordercollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:35   #24

[QUOTE=Bordercollie]I was really angry this morning, there was a group of young people hanging round the phone box at the bottom of Exchange Street about 8.15 am, when they had gone it was aparent that they had damaged the reciever on the phone, making it useless.

I came past a there a cpl of times round 3 ish this morning there was quite a few groups of youths hanging around there . What are they doing out at that time as they definately hadnt been out round town they was to young plus it was freezing .
Old 06-03-2005, 18:53   #25

[QUOTE=rockrabbit]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordercollie
I was really angry this morning, there was a group of young people hanging round the phone box at the bottom of Exchange Street about 8.15 am, when they had gone it was aparent that they had damaged the reciever on the phone, making it useless.

I came past a there a cpl of times round 3 ish this morning there was quite a few groups of youths hanging around there . What are they doing out at that time as they definately hadnt been out round town they was to young plus it was freezing .
Not sure what they were doing out, where are the wardens when you need them (or the local police for that matter)
All the wardens seemed to be interested in is driving round in their 4 x 4!!!!!!!!!!, when is the next local area meeting?
Bordercollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2005, 21:56   #26

I lived on spring st from 1966 - 1982.When i lived there it seemed to be a nice place. Most of the folk knew each other and spoke.I went to see what the old place was like a couple of year ago. It's nothing like it was. I went to springhill nursery then st mary's then to holy family which joined with paddock house in ny 3rd year.
folly is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..