Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2013, 17:12   #571
Resting in Peace

Re: 1st pint, 1st local.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Before those the "Derby" in Ians day took some beating. as did the Broadway.
The Derby Cashy I can remember the landlord, think he was called Ted, his daughter was a real little cracker all the usual suspects were after sticking a tail on her
Old 03-10-2013, 17:22   #572
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
The hard leg was Church Commercial To Black Dog Ossy, many more pubs on that un n never managed a pint in each. Was only 7 as i recall from Railway to Willows lane. Sorry 8 i forgot the A.E.U.
The kids find it harder these day needing to steal some form of ID, though I do find it remarkable that the landlords didn't question you when you were 7!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 17:32   #573
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
The kids find it harder these day needing to steal some form of ID, though I do find it remarkable that the landlords didn't question you when you were 7!
He was a big lad for his age Less
Old 03-10-2013, 17:35   #574
Mog

Used the Railway 1964/65. Used to go in there before going up Con. Used to go out with a nice gal at the time. Drank with a couple of older pit lads now and again in there Adam Sinetti and Doug. Can't think of his last name. He used the pop club quite a bit. Can't remember the landlord but barmaid was Jessie Kenyon from Haslinden. Good posh pub at the time.
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 00:55   #575
Mog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mog View Post
Used the Railway 1964/65. Used to go in there before going up Con. Used to go out with a nice gal at the time. Drank with a couple of older pit lads now and again in there Adam Sinetti and Doug Mitchel. He used the pop club quite a bit. Can't remember the landlord but barmaid was Jessie Kenyon from Haslinden. Good posh pub at the time.
Railway on Blackburn road.
Old 02-06-2014, 22:16   #576

Jean is my grandma xx
JayneyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 13:18   #577
Mog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayneyDan View Post
Jean is my grandma xx
Who is Jean then Jayneydan.
Old 03-06-2014, 13:34   #578
Mog

Quote:
Easy done it a few times from Commercial to Commercial. until me or the mate got banned from some. in my time after Willows Lane was only Miners/Hyndburn/ Antley/Oak Tree. then yeh were at the Comic in Church.
I know this is an old one cashy but the mention of the Oak Tree bought back some memories. Dave Radcliffes mam and dad kept that place late fifties early sixties. Nelly was his mams name. Use to be a bit of a singer. Opportunity knocks rings a bell. They took over the pub going up Manchester road on the right hand side past police/fire station. Dave was at St Christopher's left in 60, nice chap. second cousin of mine or something. last time I heard he was a brickie. Younger brother called Eddie
Old 04-06-2014, 16:34   #579

Does anyone know who was the landlord of the Kings head in Lee St. back in the late 60's and did he used to be a coalman called Daniels??
gdm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 21:00   #580
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdm27 View Post
Does anyone know who was the landlord of the Kings head in Lee St. back in the late 60's and did he used to be a coalman called Daniels??
Yeh Frank Daniels was landlord then,used to deliver our coal, in later years one of his sons was Landlord.
Old 04-06-2014, 21:55   #581

Quote:
Yeh Frank Daniels was landlord then,used to deliver our coal, in later years one of his sons was Landlord.
Thanks for that Cash, Phil and Graham if I remember. Same class at school with Phil. Wonder what happened to him?
Old 04-06-2014, 22:50   #582
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Thanks for that Cash, Phil and Graham if I remember. Same class at school with Phil. Wonder what happened to him?
Phil was in Bold St Club,last i heard.which was a couple of years back. Think he was the Steward, I used to pop in occasionally wi me younger brother before he he croaked. it was our kids local.
Clearviewsimon likes this.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:58   #583

Not a pub question but on that theme. What is the oldest working men's club in Accy and which was the first one?
Old 10-06-2014, 09:37   #584
I am Banned

Quote:
I see the Kings Arms is listed for auction tomorrow, guide price £75K according to the Lancashire Telegraph.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:55   #585

mine was in the tinker and buget
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote

« Bands | The Vulcan »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..