Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nostalgia aint what it used to be... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/)
-   -   ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/accy-pop-groups-1960s-42082.html)

cashman 24-07-2010 22:22

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

heard tony anderson was living isle of wight these days.

ShadowTrev 24-07-2010 23:09

Yes I think Tony's lived there long time, Wami used to be in contact, don't know now as he's living in Spain now. Trev.

cashman 24-07-2010 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowTrev (Post 831298)
Yes I think Tony's lived there long time, Wami used to be in contact, don't know now as he's living in Spain now. Trev.

yep wammys benidorm way.;)

Taggy 24-07-2010 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 831293)
heard tony anderson was living isle of wight these days.

Yeah Tony been there many years now since he found Religeon!...Dont no if Dave (Wammy) still speaks to him or not, they were together in the reformed Los Bravos in Mallorca some years back..he still talks of him quite a bit!...I'm off to Beni in sept, so i'll ask him then!

Best Regards - Taggy

Taggy 24-07-2010 23:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowTrev (Post 831292)
Hello to you all, just stumbled across this website by accident, glad I did.Scorchers won a schools group competition in Penwortham,this was judged by The Cavern's owner & Bob Wooller- Beatles 1st manager, -the prize to play at The Cavern.I left The Scorchers who were then called Gideon's Way to play with Wami,Tony Anderson was the vocalist.Dave Robinson lives in Stratford, talk to him occasionally,Ian Smith lives in Bolton-by-Bowland not in contact. Derek Rimmington who was vocalist in Gideon's(holding Maraccas"s in photo)sadly Derek died quite a few years ago,Jim Payne not in contact with. I still play with a 60's type band occasionally, Pete Hibbert was the vocalist,but unfortunately he's had to retire with bad health, very sad really his voice still sounded so good,very powerfull,he's been to watch us play though. Hope I've helped to answer some of your question's. All the Best Trev Gardner.

Which band do you play with now Trevor?...Put some dates up on here if your doing any local gigs, i'd like to come along!...I've not seen Pete for more than 18 months now...maybe 2 years...as you say, he's not well, he wasn't when i saw him, in fact last time i saw him was at one of Wammys gigs just before he moved permanently to Spain..he came along with his missus and Tommy Franks!

Best REgards - Taggy

Alan Gilmartin 25-07-2010 05:53

Well this has made my day Thanks Trevor and thanks for filling us in about how the Scorchers played at the Cavern. I'll use your post to print out and put it into a book I have just obtained called THE CAVERN by Spencer Leigh, it lists all the acts that played there, good reference book.

ShadowTrev 25-07-2010 11:32

Hi Taggy, the name of the band was" Backtrac" but there's another local band with this name as-well,saw them advertised on board outside "Crown"pub as I was driving past,so don't know if we're gonna use that name in the future.Like I said before we don't play all that often now,but I will let you all know when we do.We played Peel Park pub on Valantine's Day last year for Macmillan Nurse's charity gig,show's you how often we play eh?.

jaysay 25-07-2010 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowTrev (Post 831352)
Hi Taggy, the name of the band was" Backtrac" but there's another local band with this name as-well,saw them advertised on board outside "Crown"pub as I was driving past,so don't know if we're gonna use that name in the future.Like I said before we don't play all that often now,but I will let you all know when we do.We played Peel Park pub on Valantine's Day last year for Macmillan Nurse's charity gig,show's you how often we play eh?.

Hi Trev have you ever been involved with Accy Rockers?

Taggy 25-07-2010 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowTrev (Post 831352)

Lol!!...Cheers Trev, will try and get up to see you, when you get a gig sorted!

Best Regards - Taggy

ShadowTrev 25-07-2010 22:18

Hiya Jaysay, Rod Hill & Pete Hibbert have mentioned it to me about playing with Accy Rockers but it sounded to me like they had plenty of guitarist's to play already. I got a phone-call from Steve Farnsworth [he got a mention in a message on this site he drummed for Cyclones] we've known each-other from early childhood,he's from a musical family his Dad had his own dance-band,2 older brothers 1 played drum's, the other guitar- he's to blame for me getting a tune out of my 1st. £2-50shilling guitar[which my Mum&Dad reluctantly bought me]I played with Steve in 1976 at The Rovers Return Shadsworth, along with Fran Daly[Francis T Construction]on bass,he fancied playing again, so did Fran so we had a practice,good fun like we'd only stopped playing together a matter of a few week's not 3 decades.Sadly could'nt get other right people to play so it's not going to happen.We might get together in the future,Fran's in Ingol[Preston]he play's in the local church band,I sometimes go and jam with them . Rock on eh? Trev.

cashman 25-07-2010 22:30

still see Mick Stirzaker from cyclones pretty regular, in fact he called round last week.:)

ShadowTrev 25-07-2010 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atarah (Post 823635)
Gideons Way photo

Hello Atarah, I just wondered how you come to have this photo of The Gid's. I remember it well, it's taken in the hay-loft of a barn.We played in the barn for the farmers son for his 18th or 21st birthday party,he'd also got a brand new VW Beetle car. Best Wishes -intrigued Trev.[Do I know you.]

ShadowTrev 25-07-2010 22:58

Hiya Cashy, Only know Mick slightly ,our path's never really crossed in 60's spoke to him a few months ago in Music Box Accy, but I had to make myself known to him. Spoke to Alan Bradshaw[original drummer Cyclones] out-side Aldi,had to make myself known again he can't drum anymore so going to Mick Stair's for guitar. Trev.

Alan Gilmartin 26-07-2010 06:10

Talking of Mick,Cashy, recieved his letter last week, great to hear from him after all these years I'll keep in touch now. Brian at the music box said he will pass messages on, thank god for internet. I have a photo somewhere of the Scorchers, and Trevors dad is in the background, remember Steve Farnsworth & his brothers, do you remember Graham Lowe Trev he was in a group I think.

jaysay 26-07-2010 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Trev (Post 831468)
Hiya Jaysay, Rod Hill & Pete Hibbert have mentioned it to me about playing with Accy Rockers but it sounded to me like they had plenty of guitarist's to play already. I got a phone-call from Steve Farnsworth [he got a mention in a message on this site he drummed for Cyclones] we've known each-other from early childhood,he's from a musical family his Dad had his own dance-band,2 older brothers 1 played drum's, the other guitar- he's to blame for me getting a tune out of my 1st. £2-50shilling guitar[which my Mum&Dad reluctantly bought me]I played with Steve in 1976 at The Rovers Return Shadsworth, along with Fran Daly[Francis T Construction]on bass,he fancied playing again, so did Fran so we had a practice,good fun like we'd only stopped playing together a matter of a few week's not 3 decades.Sadly could'nt get other right people to play so it's not going to happen.We might get together in the future,Fran's in Ingol[Preston]he play's in the local church band,I sometimes go and jam with them . Rock on eh? Trev.

Thanks for that Trev, I see in another post you go in the Music Box, I bought a Strat copy of Brian (still can't play the bloody thing:D) Is Eric still there? used to travel round in the seventies watching Eric's band Copper Kettle, did you ever come across them?