Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nostalgia aint what it used to be... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/)
-   -   ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/accy-pop-groups-1960s-42082.html)

ShadowTrev 02-08-2010 20:43

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 833400)
Band probably should been Air Supply Trev.:D;)

Hiya Cashy, I'm guessing this is an "in joke" so I'll try and join in,I wonder if they played "The Air that I Breathe"[Hollies]

jaysay 03-08-2010 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 833400)
Band probably should been Air Supply Trev.:D;)

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:that took by breath away cashy:D

jaysay 03-08-2010 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowTrev (Post 833417)
Hiya Cashy, I'm guessing this is an "in joke" so I'll try and join in,I wonder if they played "The Air that I Breathe"[Hollies]

Your new on here Trev, but most regs know I'm on oxygen most of the day:D and yes I did actually used to sing that Trev:D never knew at the time how appropriate it would be now:D

jaysay 03-08-2010 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowTrev (Post 833398)
Hiya Jaysay, Derek lived right across the road from us, he's still there, we moved 11yrs ago after living there about 20yrs,spoke to him a few weeks ago, he's doing o.k. sadly Mavis has died. Had your band a name? Trev.

Sorry to hear about Derek's wife Trev hadn't heard, must only have been young. We hadn't really got round to a name, we messed about with The Unit, then Unit Four plus two came out with concrete and clay so that was that, another one was The Ten Feet Five

ShadowTrev 03-08-2010 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 833518)
Your new on here Trev, but most regs know I'm on oxygen most of the day:D and yes I did actually used to sing that Trev:D never knew at the time how appropriate it would be now:D

Hiya Jaysay,sorry to hear about your condition,glad you saw the funny side of my attempt at a joke. I think it was about 18mths ago that Mav died,we had some real laughs with her & Derek over the years. All the best Trev.

Alan Gilmartin 03-08-2010 23:14

The Scorchers photos are great Trev, brings back happy carefree days. Also ment to finish off telling jaysay about Trevor Cunliffe, as I said He;s doing fine, still playing drums in oldies groups,yes he used to be a car salesman, not sure where he lives now but I think its in the Accy area, My brother last saw him about a year ago. I'll Try to get him on here.

jaysay 04-08-2010 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowTrev (Post 833719)
Hiya Jaysay,sorry to hear about your condition,glad you saw the funny side of my attempt at a joke. I think it was about 18mths ago that Mav died,we had some real laughs with her & Derek over the years. All the best Trev.

I subscribe to the old saying Laugh and the World Laughs with you, cry and your on your own, seems to have worked for me over the years :D

ShadowTrev 04-08-2010 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 833822)
I subscribe to the old saying Laugh and the World Laughs with you, cry and your on your own, seems to have worked for me over the years :D

Hiya Jaysay, yeh that's a good out-look on life for sure. Are you able to get out to see local bands now? Trev.

ShadowTrev 04-08-2010 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin (Post 833771)
The Scorchers photos are great Trev, brings back happy carefree days. Also ment to finish off telling jaysay about Trevor Cunliffe, as I said He;s doing fine, still playing drums in oldies groups,yes he used to be a car salesman, not sure where he lives now but I think its in the Accy area, My brother last saw him about a year ago. I'll Try to get him on here.

Hiya Alan, Glad you enjoyed photo's,shame I have'nt got any inside one's I'm sure there must have been some. I'd forgotten who I'd gone to see Beatles with,thanks for reminding me, that was another special day to remember! Trev.

jaysay 05-08-2010 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowTrev (Post 833958)
Hiya Jaysay, yeh that's a good out-look on life for sure. Are you able to get out to see local bands now? Trev.

Na Trev thats long gone can't even get out for a pint these days:rolleyes:

ShadowTrev 05-08-2010 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 834062)
Na Trev thats long gone can't even get out for a pint these days:rolleyes:

Hiya Jaysay, so sorry to hear that, are you able to get out of the house at-all? Best wishes Trev.

jaysay 06-08-2010 09:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowTrev (Post 834255)
Hiya Jaysay, so sorry to hear that, are you able to get out of the house at-all? Best wishes Trev.

Ya I have a wheel chair and portable oxygen bottles, been out a few times lately, it took some time to get over the idea of being in a wheel chair, but I eventually said what the hell:D

jaysay 06-08-2010 09:32

This thread is very popular now and is great to return to yesteryear. In fact I was think about the old days last night and I remembered a band I followed quite a lot in the mid 70s but couldn't for the life in me remember the name, the Lead singer was Joe Murphy from Darwen (the last time I saw him he was performing solo under Joel David) the bass guitar was Ian Mitchell from Ossy and the Drummer Steve Owen from Accy, I think, can't remember the name of the other member, any ideas chaps. I know they had a brilliant PA system with four slim towers and a mixer unite, was the first I'd seen made by Sure, I used their mikes after getting fed up with the ribbons keep going kaput on the Rezzlo (might not be spelt right,) but the PA system was ace

ShadowTrev 06-08-2010 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 834333)
Ya I have a wheel chair and portable oxygen bottles, been out a few times lately, it took some time to get over the idea of being in a wheel chair, but I eventually said what the hell:D

Hiya Jaysay, glad to hear that you can get out,my wife has suffered with M.E.[chronic fatigue]for quite a long time, she's used a wheelchair up until we bought a 2nd hand mobility scooter, best thing we ever could have done!

cashman 06-08-2010 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 834333)

good man, about time, get one of them "Hells Grandad" carts n jobs a good un, me best mate got one a couple of years ago, took him about 6 months before he would go out wi it, same reasons as you probably, now he says its best thing he ever did, lives near you, ya can form yer own chapter.:D;) Just thought "Ossys Angels" sounds dead cool.