Accrington Web

Accrington Web (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nostalgia aint what it used to be... (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/)
-   -   ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s (http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/accy-pop-groups-1960s-42082.html)

barney 26-02-2018 13:04

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s
 
The Blue Diamonds Skiffle Group Members, Roy Jones,Brian Dudley,Harry Boyer, Barry Barnes,
Pete Hibbert, Ken Booth. Photos Of Accy Groups On Lanky Beat, Lankypedia A to Z.
Barney.

cashman 01-03-2018 19:55

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by barney (Post 1209341)
The Blue Diamonds Skiffle Group Members, Roy Jones,Brian Dudley,Harry Boyer, Barry Barnes,
Pete Hibbert, Ken Booth. Photos Of Accy Groups On Lanky Beat, Lankypedia A to Z.
Barney.

Pete sadly died a few years back, could do a great Eddie Cochrane.:)

Paulc836 10-06-2020 19:26

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s
 
Hi just found out that my mother was in the black cats in the 60s with her brother Melvin Tattersall my mum was Maureen Tattersall

Luckyboy 02-03-2021 20:02

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyGirl (Post 820615)
I remember a local group in the 60's..one of the guitarist's was Nicholas Murphy, he had blonde hair and was married to my friend Joan, she sang with the group, I remember she used to sing Brenda Lee's 'Sweet nothins'.... they had two children, Andrew Murphy and Lisa Murphy, both would be in their 40's now..Joan and Nicholas divorced in the 70's.:theband:

I used to wait on at Bold St WmC in the early 60's with a blond haired lad called Nick who lived right next door but don't recall him playing the guitar

ferret man 03-03-2021 17:30

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1148619)
I recall the Saturday morning rehearsals in St. Augustine's too, Choirboy.
By the way, in my other post I suggested The Warriors van was a Commer but I believe it was actually an old Bedford, like the one here. Was it painted orange, or is that another mis-remembered detail?
The Andersons lived opposite my grandparents, on the corner of Norfolk and Turkey Streets, and I certainly recall the excitement, at least amongst some of us early teens, when they appeared on Thank Your Lucky Stars.

Hi Exile just come across this and don't want to split hairs but the Andersons lived at number 13 not the corner house. Cheers

Frank T 26-08-2021 16:02

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s
 
Cashy, if you see Paul again give him by best. (If he can remember me Frank Toner)

cashman 26-08-2021 17:55

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank T (Post 1256923)
Cashy, if you see Paul again give him by best. (If he can remember me Frank Toner)

i will mate if i remember my memorys crap these days.

Frank T 27-08-2021 11:07

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s
 
Thanks for the quick reply Olly, I knew Paul when he lived in Chapel St with his Gran, he worked at Thwaites as a delivery man. The names from the Derby bring back many happy memories. Ian I was told got done with Tony Mills and someone else for nicking mail bags from the station. Vito tried to sell me some Henna which he said was weed. One name you missed Billy `Jesus` Cook who sadly passed away. Sorry to hear about Florrie. I`ve been retired for a long time now and live in Heysham. All the best, take care.

cashman 27-08-2021 15:40

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank T (Post 1256990)
Thanks for the quick reply Olly, I knew Paul when he lived in Chapel St with his Gran, he worked at Thwaites as a delivery man. The names from the Derby bring back many happy memories. Ian I was told got done with Tony Mills and someone else for nicking mail bags from the station. Vito tried to sell me some Henna which he said was weed. One name you missed Billy `Jesus` Cook who sadly passed away. Sorry to hear about Florrie. I`ve been retired for a long time now and live in Heysham. All the best, take care.

yeh i knew billy well told yeh my memories knackered i knew billys step brother also. though he didnt go drinking yon.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:53.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com

Page generated in 0.14383 seconds with 8 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1