Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nostalgia aint what it used to be... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/)
-   -   Hyndburn Park Athletics Team Picture 1950 ? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/hyndburn-park-athletics-team-picture-1950-a-63713.html)

Shurm 04-03-2013 20:37

Hyndburn Park Athletics Team Picture 1950 ?

1 Attachment(s)
Looking through some old photos I found one of my Mother when she was at School I remember her saying it was Hyndburn Park but I could be wrong, I'm guessing its 1950ish :confused:

Thought I'd put it up in case anyone remembers themselves on it :D

Bob Dobson 05-03-2013 07:39

Re: Hyndburn Park Athletics Team Picture 1950 ?

At that time, pupils left aged 15yrs.When was your mum born ( if she is on the pic) and then calculate after a guess at her age on it. LitlePom and Gordon Booth will post when they arise from slumber. It's only 8.40am now

Barrie Yates 05-03-2013 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dobson (Post 1045019)
At that time, pupils left aged 15yrs.When was your mum born ( if she is on the pic) and then calculate after a guess at her age on it. LitlePom and Gordon Booth will post when they arise from slumber. It's only 8.40am now

You been on the stupid pills again - I am sure there will be a pertinent response:D

Shurm 05-03-2013 12:31

Trying to work it out my Mother was born 1939 I think, she's the little one on the far left as you look at he photo. She used to tell me she was small and fast :D

Gordon Booth 05-03-2013 14:19

Quote:

What are you doing, posting in the middle of the night? Insomnia?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurm (Post 1045062)
Trying to work it out my Mother was born 1939 I think, she's the little one on the far left as you look at he photo. She used to tell me she was small and fast :D

Shurm, I don't recognise anyone on the photo and I was there from 47 to 52.
But I wasn't very athletic and I was too young to bother with small fast girls so.....
The hair styles don't look late 40's, early 50's and I don't remember sports teams having such smart outfits- more blouses tucked into blue knickers( I remember them)- only for the girls of course.
Perhaps littlepom can help.

claytonx 05-03-2013 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1045072)

Shurm, I don't recognise anyone on the photo and I was there from 47 to 52.
But I wasn't very athletic and I was too young to bother with small fast girls so.....
The hair styles don't look late 40's, early 50's and I don't remember sports teams having such smart outfits- more blouses tucked into blue knickers( I remember them)- only for the girls of course.

Gordon would you remember Harry Dean, or his sisters Rennie or Olive they lived in the last terraced house just under the railway bridge at the bottom of Milnshaw Lane.

Barrie Yates 05-03-2013 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1045072)

more blouses tucked into blue knickers( I remember them)- only for the girls of course.

You surprise me Gordon - I thought it was only Bob that had the blue knicker fetish;)

littlepom 05-03-2013 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurm (Post 1044984)
Looking through some old photos I found one of my Mother when she was at School I remember her saying it was Hyndburn Park but I could be wrong, I'm guessing its 1950ish :confused:

Thought I'd put it up in case anyone remembers themselves on it :D

Hi Shurm,
Well I was there during juniors and seniors. The girl with the glasses is called Pat Ashton. I think she is the only one I recognise.
?What was your mums name.
I will get the photo printed out and take it with me when I meet some of the "girls" for lunch next Wednesday. I was never that althletic only being small myself. The only thing I played was netball in the "white blouse and navy nickers" which are so famous and thought of fondly by SOME people.
Today would be called perverts.
Littlepom.
PS Up before Bob this morning.

littlepom 05-03-2013 17:02

Quote:

Tut tut Bob,

Up before that time. Admit I was in bed reading the paper and drinking my coffee. Being spoilt by you know who!!!!!

Cheers Littlepom.:thankya:

Gordon Booth 05-03-2013 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by claytonx (Post 1045079)
Gordon would you remember Harry Dean, or his sisters Rennie or Olive they lived in the last terraced house just under the railway bridge at the bottom of Milnshaw Lane.

Don't think so, Gremlin although Olive rings a bell. I have a terrible memory for names.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1045104)
You surprise me Gordon - I thought it was only Bob that had the blue knicker fetish;)

Be fair, Barry, that's all there was back then!

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlepom (Post 1045110)
The girl with the glasses is called Pat Ashton.

That name rings a bell but I don't remember Pat Ashton in glasses.

The only thing I played was netball in the "white blouse and navy nickers" which are so famous and thought of fondly by SOME people.

Now, littlepom, names I forget but some things I do remember!And I remember you!

Today would be called perverts.

In those days it was called normal.

So what year do you think it was, littlepom? They look like seniors to me so I would never have dared look at them.

Shurms mother looks much younger than the rest, she must have been 'fast' if she could play in a team with much older ones.

Shurm 05-03-2013 18:41

:D Her maiden name was Doreen Beaghan

susie123 05-03-2013 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1045158)
Shurms mother looks much younger than the rest, she must have been 'fast' if she could play in a team with much older ones.

Looks like athletics rather than a team sport to me.

littlepom 05-03-2013 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 1045158)
Don't think so, Gremlin although Olive rings a bell. I have a terrible memory for names.

Be fair, Barry, that's all there was back then!

So what year do you think it was, littlepom? They look like seniors to me so I would never have dared look at them.

Sorry Gordon can't think what year it was, but talking to Maureen Noonan (O'Brien) and she thinks if they wern't on it could have been Juniors. Anyway will talk it with me when we meet up and see if any more names can come to light. By the way Maureen said she was called Terri Ashton.
Littlepom.:thankya:

littlepom 05-03-2013 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurm (Post 1045161)
:D Her maiden name was Doreen Beaghan

Sorry Shurm name doesn't ring a bell. By the way it was Terri Ashton not Pat.
Will keep you posted if any more news comes to light.
Littlepom.:thankya:

Shurm 06-03-2013 10:34

Ok thanks. :)