Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-10-2010, 14:57   #1
Senior Member+

70's groups, Tanglefoot and Streetlife!

Anyone remember two local bands Streetlife and Tanglefoot. Recall them from 70's anyone got any info on them?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-10-2010, 18:10   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: 70's groups, Tanglefoot and Streetlife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Anyone remember two local bands Streetlife and Tanglefoot. Recall them from 70's anyone got any info on them?
Tangleoot rings a bell with me kestrelx, just wondering if they were an Ossy band
Old 26-10-2010, 20:39   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

as far as i know tanglefoot were n 80s canadian band, streetlife 70s but sure they weren't local.
Old 27-10-2010, 10:50   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Tangleoot rings a bell with me kestrelx, just wondering if they were an Ossy band
Might have been a few members from Ossy but probably Accrington as well - not 100% sure though?
Old 27-10-2010, 10:53   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
as far as i know tanglefoot were n 80s canadian band, streetlife 70s but sure they weren't local.
I think there was a 80's band with that name, but there was an Accy band with the same name - I can't remember the drummers name?

The guitarist out of Streelife was called Ian Goddard don't know what happened to him now - he used to work in the bike shop on Broadway.
Old 26-12-2010, 13:23   #6

I know these bands. i was the lead singer for Streetlife. The writer and keyboard player was Howard Taylor. Singer Mark Dwyer.
markd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2010, 20:21   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by markd View Post
I know these bands. i was the lead singer for Streetlife. The writer and keyboard player was Howard Taylor. Singer Mark Dwyer.
Hi Mark, I know you - how are you? What was the name of the drummer? Also Ian Goddard was on guitar who was the bassist?

Kestrel X
Old 30-01-2011, 10:37   #8

The drummer was Chip.
markd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 14:43   #9
I am Banned

anybody remember a local group called "shabby tiger" they had a hit called slow down and were a local band
alan7554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:09   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by markd View Post
The drummer was Chip.
So you have any photos?
Old 04-02-2011, 10:00   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan7554 View Post
anybody remember a local group called "shabby tiger" they had a hit called slow down and were a local band
Shabby Tiger ? Free listening, videos, concerts, stats, & pictures at Last.fm
Hendy Gibson was singer, they were very good in there day, quite a lot about Hendy on here Taggy has just been over to Spain where he now lives and is still performing

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..