Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-07-2010, 20:04   #211

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Hiya, Alan I only know Graham Lowe slightly,he played lead guitar with The Cyclones with Mick Stirz on bass, Alan Braddy on drum's,Ian Spencer rhythm&Ray Parsons vocal's[he was the original Scorchers singer] I'd love to see this photo with Dad trying to get in on the act?
ShadowTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-07-2010, 20:25   #212

Hiya Jaysay,Never got to see Copper Kettle heard lot's of really good things about them,I did'nt know that he played with them, thank's for telling me, next time I go in Music Box I'll ask him about it. Keep practising with the Strat,that's the secret. All the best Trev.
Old 27-07-2010, 09:59   #213
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTrev View Post
Hiya Jaysay,Never got to see Copper Kettle heard Lot's of really good things about them,I did'nt know that he played with them, thank's for telling me, next time I go in Music Box I'll ask him about it. Keep practising with the Strat,that's the secret. All the best Trev.
Hi Trev ever come across a band called the Tatters, they are a lads who were around in the sixties/seventies, I only know the drummer, and he's called Trevor too, think his surname is Cunliffe but not 100%, think he ran a car sales business opposite the old accy nick on Spring Gardens
Old 27-07-2010, 19:28   #214

Hiya Jaysay, no not heard of Tatters,Trevor Cunliffe seem's to ring-a-bell but I can't put a face to it. Trev.
Old 28-07-2010, 09:13   #215
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTrev View Post
Hiya Jaysay, no not heard of Tatters,Trevor Cunliffe seem's to ring-a-bell but I can't put a face to it. Trev.
When he was younger he was a dead ringer for Bobby Vee
Old 28-07-2010, 20:36   #216

Hiya Jaysay, still don't know Trevor Cunliffe, been talking to Steve Farnsworth tonight I told him about this site, seemed interested,he was in the motor-trade long time so he could possibly have known the other Trevor, i'll ask him next time we speak.All the Best Trev.
Old 29-07-2010, 07:37   #217
Senior Member+

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...oups-2598.html

Have you "recently joined members" read this older site?
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 10:56   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin View Post
Yea thats it, Ian Smith, But I ment the singers name and sister, hes the one with the maracas, think he went to St Christiphers. Pity Trevor Gardener or Dave Robinson dont contribute, I believe they still live in the area, I know Dave Ayrton the manager & roadie at the time Lives in Grindleton. Maybe somebody knows them.
The guy you are thinking about is/was called Dickie Rimington who died a few years ago.
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 11:03   #219
Senior Member+

Welcome James! Hope you enjoy "talking" to other members who were in the local groups!

Last edited by Atarah; 29-07-2010 at 11:09.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2010, 12:03   #220

Hello Trevor,
The photo came from me.My mum saved nearly everthing we did with The Scorchers/Gideons ways.I have lots of flyers, photos' etc.Let me have your email address and I'll send them to you when I have time.Best wishes,Jim.
Old 29-07-2010, 12:05   #221

You are a lovely woman !!
Old 30-07-2010, 00:11   #222

My Two brothers still see Trevor Cunliffe, a couple of times a year so I will email them and see what he's doing,
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 00:26   #223

Got a couple of cards for Scorchers & Cyclons, I'll pop them in an envelope and mail them to Brian at the Music Box. Try and find photos to.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 21:44   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin View Post
Got a couple of cards for Scorchers & Cyclons, I'll pop them in an envelope and mail them to Brian at the Music Box. Try and find photos to.
Hiya Alan, been in Music Box today filled Brian in about what you're sending. He knew who you are, but has'nt been on this site, he said he's going to have a look later. Found some Cavern Scorchers photo's,also been reunited with Jim [Scorchers drummer] great stuff ! All the best Trev.
Old 30-07-2010, 22:38   #225

18th April 1964 "The Scorchers" loading-up the gear after playing "The Cavern", what a day to remember for ever!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..