Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2010, 09:46   #286

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
The Scorchers.Ray Parsons, Dave Robinson, Ian Smith, me, Trevor Gardener.I think I was still at school!
Hiya Jim, I've got this photo too! I think we were rehearsing in a side room at the" old Ritz"[Barnes furniture shop] Pete Hibbert stuck his head through the door, we got him to sing Twist&Shout or something like that,I remember him asking us to play in another key did'nt know how to do that then!!!I've told him this story,but he does'nt remember it, do you? Trev.
ShadowTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-08-2010, 09:57   #287

Hiya Jaysay, This photo that Jim's put on is the only photo I've got of the "Rossetti"guitar,pure quality eh! Trev.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:59   #288
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTrev View Post
Hiya Jim, I've got this photo too! I think we were rehearsing in a side room at the" old Ritz"[Barnes furniture shop] Pete Hibbert stuck his head through the door, we got him to sing Twist&Shout or something like that,I remember him asking us to play in another key did'nt know how to do that then!!!I've told him this story,but he does'nt remember it, do you? Trev.
Just a thought, where did the name Scorchers come from Trev.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:03   #289
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Hiya Jaysay, This photo that Jim's put on is the only photo I've got of the "Rossetti"guitar,pure quality eh! Trev.
Its a good pick Trev the Rossetti looks a mean machine, just in passing how many guitars do you have now, most musicians I know seem to collect them
Old 11-08-2010, 10:05   #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Just a thought, where did the name Scorchers come from Trev.
We got it from a model plane catalogue,I was into them at the time. Trev.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:11   #291

Quote:
Its a good pick Trev the Rossetti looks a mean machine, just in passing how many guitars do you have now, most musicians I know seem to collect them
Yes you're right, if I had plenty of dosh I'd have them all over the walls! got 4 electric's&2 acoustic. Trev.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:30   #292
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Yes you're right, if I had plenty of dosh I'd have them all over the walls! got 4 electric's&2 acoustic. Trev.
Does the wife bend your ear about having to dust them or do you do that yourself
Old 11-08-2010, 10:52   #293

Wink Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Quote:
Does the wife bend your ear about having to dust them or do you do that yourself
Dusting!! what's that? how do you think I get that dirty sound?
Old 11-08-2010, 10:53   #294

This photo was taken by Garth Dawson in Accy Town Hall.Apart from Trevor Gardener, Ian Smith, Dave Robinson and myself, I don't know who the other people are.Cashman tells me that the 3rd guy from the left is Tommy Whalley.Does anybody know who the rest of the people are? There seems to be another band standing next to us, the ones with the dark suits and ties.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gideons Ways and friends.jpg (458.5 KB, 72 views)
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 10:57   #295

Hello Trev,I remember Pete being there but I don't remember playing Twist & Shout.Why don't I have any cymbals? We look about 13 years old!!
Old 11-08-2010, 11:09   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Hello Trev,I remember Pete being there but I don't remember playing Twist & Shout.Why don't I have any cymbals? We look about 13 years old!!
Yeh Jim this must be one of the very earliest Scorchers pic's, I think you were saving-up for cymbals, glad when you finally got some!, much better sound!!Ha Ha..
Old 11-08-2010, 11:25   #297

Hello Trev, I think you were all very good lads, employing a drummer who didn't have any cymbals apart from hi-hats.I've put another pic on the site, one taken of us at a gig at Accy Town Hall.Off to work now !
Old 11-08-2010, 11:30   #298
Senior Member+

I still feel the girl in the middle is Margaret Docksey who I used to pal around with when we used to go up Accy Con, but .. her hubby says not.
Atarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 17:26   #299

Scorchers playing Rhyddings park in 1964

Old 11-08-2010, 17:42   #300
Resting in Peace

I remember that Gig Trev, was there all afternoon with my mate Letfy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..