Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2010, 20:23   #451
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

wheres that alan? ya mean "Platts" on blackburn rd?
Old 29-09-2010, 21:29   #452

Globe Bowling club is in the Fern Gore area next to Bullough Park football pitch's. Trev.
ShadowTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2010, 21:32   #453
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTrev View Post
Globe Bowling club is in the Fern Gore area next to Bullough Park football pitch's. Trev.
Cheers Trev, thats one ive never been barred from, probably cos have never been in, we will attempt to make it, everythings up in air at the moment.
Old 29-09-2010, 21:55   #454

Ok. Cashy I've just checked on Google Earth that it is Bullough park, it is! the club is off Willows Lane on a little road that run's along the side of the pitchs. Trev.
Old 29-09-2010, 22:07   #455
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

just outa interest who's in the group trev, any of the owd 60s lads?
Old 29-09-2010, 22:20   #456

No ,Geoff the other guitarist has played with Tommy Franks, they're mates.The drummer bass player & myself have played together with two sisters in the 80's ,Geoff played with them both before that, when we 1st got together Pete Hibbert was the singer, but as you know Pete's had to pack-up the singing so we've carried on. Trev.
Old 30-09-2010, 09:35   #457
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Cheers Trev, thats one ive never been barred from, probably cos have never been in, we will attempt to make it, everythings up in air at the moment.
You used to have to have your own key to get in yon cashy, thats probably the reason you've never been in, used to go in most afternoons in the late seventies, my mate was a member
Old 30-09-2010, 11:22   #458
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You used to have to have your own key to get in yon cashy, thats probably the reason you've never been in, used to go in most afternoons in the late seventies, my mate was a member
Very strange, up Fern Gore n all had a key!!!!
Old 30-09-2010, 17:35   #459
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Thats probably why they had keys
Old 30-09-2010, 18:22   #460
JCB

Quote:
Yes if you were a member of the Globe club you got your own key for the door at the side above the donkey steps . That entrance is bricked up now .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 20:49   #461

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTrev View Post
Hiya to you all, just to let you know Backtrack, the band I play in are playing on Saturday 2nd Oct at the Globe Bowling club Accy, you don't have to be a member to get in, this is the 2nd time that we've played this year! so it's quite a rare appearance!!!
Hi everyone, I am now, unfortunately back from sunny Spain and enjoying the beautiful Baxenden weather! Been back for a week and half really, but it's took so long to catch up workwise, I've only just got round to having a look how the locals are doin'.
Trev, I'm gutted. we are doing a private party tomorrow in Blackburn, so I won't be able to get up to the Globe - sick as a parrot. If your gig is as rare as you say, I don't suppose I'll get to see you till next year! You'll have to make a better effort and get another gig in before Christmas. Keep me posted, see you soon. Tony
dublomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:07   #462
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
Yes if you were a member of the Globe club you got your own key for the door at the side above the donkey steps . That entrance is bricked up now .
Do they still have keys JCB
Old 02-10-2010, 09:53   #463
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Do they still have keys JCB
I've just checked with my next-door-but-one neighbour , Jaysay . He's on the Globe committee . Yes they still have keys .

I was surprised they do in this day and age .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:24   #464

Thanks for the reply " Dubby", shame you're playing same night I'll have to get the whip out on the lads to play a bit more,have a good night. Trev.
Old 02-10-2010, 14:15   #465
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
I've just checked with my next-door-but-one neighbour , Jaysay . He's on the Globe committee . Yes they still have keys .

I was surprised they do in this day and age .
Well it is a private members club JCB,

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..