Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2010, 20:37   #481

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Hi Al. You won't remember me I'm sure, I was the vocalist in the Soundcasters, think we've played with you a couple of times in the distant past. This site was buzzing a couple of months ago, everyone had lots to say - think they've all gone to sleep. a new member usually peps it up. so here's hoping!! Glad you've logged on, the more the merrier. Cheers Tony
dublomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-10-2010, 21:48   #482

Hiya T, have you been playing recently?
ShadowTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2010, 21:52   #483

Quote:
Originally Posted by albaby View Post
hi i was drummer in the nosmo kings, do you want to know more? Im new to this so be patient. Al
Hiya Al, was Pete the singer in the band?
Old 30-10-2010, 23:06   #484

Hi Trev. Nice to know you're still alive and well. Where has everyone gone??? Thought the site had shut down. Haven't been playing but we're back at Bash Con Nov 6th and at the Alma on 4th December. Is there any news about your lads doing another gig? Tony
Old 31-10-2010, 01:15   #485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicbfc View Post
Yep Roy Taylor still works at the Bash

A great Bloke
Did he play in a band called Avalon?
Vicbfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2010, 08:38   #486
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicbfc View Post
Did he play in a band called Avalon?
Tredwheels.
Old 31-10-2010, 09:10   #487
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublomad View Post
Hi Trev. Nice to know you're still alive and well. Where has everyone gone??? Thought the site had shut down. Haven't been playing but we're back at Bash Con Nov 6th and at the Alma on 4th December. Is there any news about your lads doing another gig? Tony
Well after witnessing yer last performance at Bash Con tony,ya leave my missus n i,no choice but to attend next sat, see yas then,
Old 31-10-2010, 21:15   #488

I'm too young to know....
Old 31-10-2010, 21:17   #489

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well after witnessing yer last performance at Bash Con tony,ya leave my missus n i,no choice but to attend next sat, see yas then,
Be good to see you both again on Saturday cashy. Tell your good lady It's s nice to know somebody was impressed!! All the best T.
Old 31-10-2010, 22:17   #490

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublomad View Post
Hiya T, no more gigs at present time, we're going to have to shape our- selves are'nt we! Trev.
Old 31-10-2010, 23:18   #491
Junior Member+

Hi Trev

Just think how hard we worked back then, August 1967 Sunday, Wigan, Monday, Bolton, Tuesday back to Wigan then Friday in Blackpool before finishing the week at Blackburn rugby club on Saturday. I still have a couple of diaries that chart our travels in the sixties, a lot of late nights in the old J4.

Cheers Ian
Ian F Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 21:06   #492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian F Smith View Post
Hi Trev

Just think how hard we worked back then, August 1967 Sunday, Wigan, Monday, Bolton, Tuesday back to Wigan then Friday in Blackpool before finishing the week at Blackburn rugby club on Saturday. I still have a couple of diaries that chart our travels in the sixties, a lot of late nights in the old J4.

Cheers Ian
Blum'in- eck Ian! is that what we were up- to back then, good old days eh? I blame Aerty the" slave driver" manager!!! Trev.
Old 02-11-2010, 22:54   #493

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Tredwheels.
Ta
Vicbfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:17   #494

I think originaly they called themselves Tredwheels & So on, Roy had a great personality for a front man. If you see him Cashy ask him if he remembers his Bubble Car.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:19   #495

Also got a photo of Dave Ayrton if you would like me to put it on here Trev. Circa 1965.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..