Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree13Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2010, 23:20   #541
Member
 
james's Avatar
 

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Was wondering if anyone remembers a drummer who went by the name of "Pop" Floyd? I've just come back from Benidorm and was chatting to Hendy (Henderson F Gibson) & his wife Fiona. We got talking about days gone by in Accy & Blackburn and he mentioned that Pop Floyd was a good drummer & a pal of his, but he unfortunately passed away some time ago!

Hendy's still doing well out in Beni & was on good form! He does his own show under the name Cheroot as well as an Eagles Tribute with his Pal Dave...very good too, well worth seeing if yer out there!

Best Regards - Taggy
I knew Pop very well, he came down to London around 1972 and came to a few gigs that I was doing. I couldn't really say what he was up to, not on this site. Suffice to say he was quite a character! Incredible head of red curly hair, sorry to hear that he passed away. James.
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-12-2010, 23:30   #542
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
I knew Pop very well, he came down to London around 1972 and came to a few gigs that I was doing. I couldn't really say what he was up to, not on this site. Suffice to say he was quite a character! Incredible head of red curly hair, sorry to hear that he passed away. James.
seems ya knew him as well as me james. memorys not the greatest but think it was late 90s- early millenium when he died.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Last edited by cashman; 10-12-2010 at 23:36.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2010, 20:19   #543
Senior Member+
 
Taggy's Avatar
 

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

There are one or two clips on You Tube of Hendy & Dave doing their Eagles Tribute, if you type in Eagles Tribute Benidorm, you'll find them there, i've put a link on for one below!



Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2010, 10:11   #544
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
There are one or two clips on You Tube of Hendy & Dave doing their Eagles Tribute, if you type in Eagles Tribute Benidorm, you'll find them there, i've put a link on for one below!



Best Regards - Taggy
Thanks for that Taggy, Hendy ain't changed much still witty
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2010, 10:36   #545
Senior Member+
 
Taggy's Avatar
 

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Thanks for that Taggy, Hendy ain't changed much still witty
Oh yes he's still Sharp all right! He introduces Desperado on his Dvd, as Desperate Arseholes!! Lol! Its actually his Birthday today too, he's a Christmas Day baby!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2010, 10:40   #546
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Oh yes he's still Sharp all right! He introduces Desperado on his Dvd, as Desperate Arseholes!! Lol! Its actually his Birthday today too, he's a Christmas Day baby!

Best Regards - Taggy
You actually mean Hendy was once a baby
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2010, 10:46   #547
Senior Member+
 
Taggy's Avatar
 

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You actually mean Hendy was once a baby
Lol!!..Hard to imagine i know Jaysay, but yes 59 years ago today he will have hollered his first note!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 17:12   #548
Senior Member+
 
Taggy's Avatar
 

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

There's another clip of Hendy & Dave's Eagles Tribute Dvd filmed at Talk Of The Coast Benidorm here too!



Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 18:25   #549
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
There's another clip of Hendy & Dave's Eagles Tribute Dvd filmed at Talk Of The Coast Benidorm here too!



Best Regards - Taggy
Just watching that Taggy kept waiting for hendy to stick his finger in his ear like the old days
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 20:03   #550
Senior Member+
 
Taggy's Avatar
 

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

I'll request that next time i see him Jaysay!! Lol!

Best Regards - Tagy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 08:30   #551
God Member
 
steeljack's Avatar
 

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
There's another clip of Hendy & Dave's Eagles Tribute Dvd filmed at Talk Of The Coast Benidorm here too!



Best Regards - Taggy
Sad , are we to assume transport to and from the venue was provided by the local communidad bus pass program
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 09:03   #552
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Sad , are we to assume transport to and from the venue was provided by the local communidad bus pass program
I can assure you SJ, Taggy doesn't need a bus pass, yet
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 10:00   #553
God Member
 
steeljack's Avatar
 

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I can assure you SJ, Taggy doesn't need a bus pass, yet
sorry, I didn't mean the customers needed bus passes , but maybe the "Artistes" needed bus passes
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 10:12   #554
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
sorry, I didn't mean the customers needed bus passes , but maybe the "Artistes" needed bus passes
Think Hendy and Dave maybe a little way of the bus pass too SJ
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 15:42   #555
Senior Member+
 
Taggy's Avatar
 

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

I believe Hendy hits the Big Six O on Christmas Day this year!! Lol!

Anyhow 60's the New 40 aint it!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 00:52.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.26791 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1