Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2012, 08:40   #601
Resting In Peace

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
And there was I thinking it was only blokes who couldn't remember what they looked like when they were young susie
OK Jay - look at the High School prefects picture in the 50s and 60s photos album on my profile page. I'm at the RH end of the second row. That pic would have been taken at the end of the school year 1964 so probably July, that's 3 months after the Scorchers pic which was 18 April according to the newspaper cutting - 48 years ago next Wednesday! My hair would have grown a couple of inches in that time. So... do you think it's me??
Old 13-04-2012, 08:52   #602
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
OK Jay - look at the High School prefects picture in the 50s and 60s photos album on my profile page. I'm at the RH end of the second row. That pic would have been taken at the end of the school year 1964 so probably July, that's 3 months after the Scorchers pic which was 18 April according to the newspaper cutting - 48 years ago next Wednesday! My hair would have grown a couple of inches in that time. So... do you think it's me??
Ya going of both photos I'd say it was you susie. PM sent
Old 13-04-2012, 09:15   #603
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya going of both photos I'd say it was you susie. PM sent
Just seen your PM and replied. I agree with you, I think it's me. Perhaps I should start a poll? My other half doesnt think it's me but he didn't know me then... we've only been together 35 years...
Old 13-04-2012, 09:20   #604
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Just seen your PM and replied. I agree with you, I think it's me. Perhaps I should start a poll? My other half doesnt think it's me but he didn't know me then... we've only been together 35 years...
Give him time, just give him time
Old 13-04-2012, 15:48   #605
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well it sure looks like you to me, after snecking at both photos.
Old 13-04-2012, 16:41   #606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin View Post
Can anybody put a name to the guy front right ?.
Hi
Just been looking at this thread. I think that guy is John Mc Cormack but I could be wrong.
T
Tetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:52   #607

John McCormack is the guy in the middle, I was friends with his brother Chris.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 17:32   #608

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Who was the Guitarist who used to have a little brush (Might even have been a toothbrush) tied on his Guitar?

Best Regards - Taggy
The Guitarist With A Brush tied to his guitar, Gus Kelly Sparth Road Clayton-Le -Moors
lead Guitarist with The Blue Star Combo The Late John Hall Singer,Barry Barnes Bass Guitar,PaulFeeley Drums, Resident At The Ace Of Spades Whalley, El Tropicano Nelson ,
Barracuda Club Darwen, Top Hat Blackburn.

posted by Barney.
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 17:37   #609
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney View Post
The Guitarist With A Brush tied to his guitar, Gus Kelly Sparth Road Clayton-Le -Moors
lead Guitarist with The Blue Star Combo The Late John Hall Singer,Barry Barnes Bass Guitar,PaulFeeley Drums, Resident At The Ace Of Spades Whalley, El Tropicano Nelson ,
Barracuda Club Darwen, Top Hat Blackburn.

posted by Barney.
Ya was very sad about John was a great singer, saw Guss with the Accy Rockers a few years ago
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 17:57   #610

[IMG]tn-1329949[/IMG]
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 21:22   #611
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Bumped into John Anderson Bass Guitarist fer Boris @ Dansaks at Half time up Stanley on sat, Had a good natter n pleased to say me owd classmate looks in A1 nick.
Old 07-10-2012, 21:38   #612

Hi All, Haven't been on for ages, as we have had a serious illness in the band. However the New Soundcasters are now officially back on the road and have been joined by Trevor Gardner on lead guitar, so it's now a Soundcaster/Scorchers joint effort. If anyone is doing nothing next Saturday night 13th August then you can catch us at Baxenden Con Club. Usually kicks off around 10.00 till late. Even if you don't think much of the band there are usually some 60's people around to catch up with. All welcome. Tony
dublomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 21:46   #613
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublomad View Post
Hi All, Haven't been on for ages, as we have had a serious illness in the band. However the New Soundcasters are now officially back on the road and have been joined by Trevor Gardner on lead guitar, so it's now a Soundcaster/Scorchers joint effort. If anyone is doing nothing next Saturday night 13th August then you can catch us at Baxenden Con Club. Usually kicks off around 10.00 till late. Even if you don't think much of the band there are usually some 60's people around to catch up with. All welcome. Tony
Are yeh pished Tony mate? were in October now. Hope to be up yon if its next sat, may be on me own not certain yet. Be good to see Trev again also.
Old 08-10-2012, 21:26   #614

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Are yeh pished Tony mate? were in October now. Hope to be up yon if its next sat, may be on me own not certain yet. Be good to see Trev again also.
Yes, sorry cashy, it is this Saturday in October, don't know where I got August from ----- old age perhaps. See you then, hopefully. Tony.
dublomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 21:42   #615
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublomad View Post
Yes, sorry cashy, it is this Saturday in October, don't know where I got August from ----- old age perhaps. See you then, hopefully. Tony.
yep jobs a good un we should both be yon, now ive seen the boss.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..