Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 05:27   #616
Mog

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Cashy, I have a photo in my profile of a group from Accy/Bash in the sixties. I cant get it onto this thread or a post. Any one give me a clue please.
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-10-2012, 07:29   #617
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mog View Post
Cashy, I have a photo in my profile of a group from Accy/Bash in the sixties. I cant get it onto this thread or a post. Any one give me a clue please.
Mog,sorry am a complete numpty wi computer stuff. if yeh dont get a reply P.M. Mick n ask him, best i can do.
Old 14-10-2012, 07:43   #618
Mog

Does anybody remember this Band and these guys from 1964/1965. from Bash/Accy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 057.jpg (265.1 KB, 84 views)
Old 14-10-2012, 09:16   #619
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublomad View Post
Hi All, Haven't been on for ages, as we have had a serious illness in the band. However the New Soundcasters are now officially back on the road and have been joined by Trevor Gardner on lead guitar, so it's now a Soundcaster/Scorchers joint effort. If anyone is doing nothing next Saturday night 13th August then you can catch us at Baxenden Con Club. Usually kicks off around 10.00 till late. Even if you don't think much of the band there are usually some 60's people around to catch up with. All welcome. Tony
Well twas a damn good night last night, good performance n enjoyed the inclusion of Apache n Foot Tapper, Shadow Trev is aptly nicknamed. Was a few yon from other 60s bands, Francis T,Dappers,etc,also good,but slightly embarrassing a few people recognised me from well oer 20 yrs back The embarrassing bit is i aint a clue who the hell they were, but nice people.
Old 14-10-2012, 12:11   #620
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well twas a damn good night last night, good performance n enjoyed the inclusion of Apache n Foot Tapper, Shadow Trev is aptly nicknamed. Was a few yon from other 60s bands, Francis T,Dappers,etc,also good,but slightly embarrassing a few people recognised me from well oer 20 yrs back The embarrassing bit is i aint a clue who the hell they were, but nice people.
A sign old getting old Cashy
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 12:26   #621
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
A sign old getting old Cashy
Don't i know it.
Old 14-10-2012, 13:12   #622

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Hiya Cashy, thanks for your kind comments glad you enjoyed last night,we all enjoyed ourselves too,the odd wrong note here and there but it add's to the fun,thats my excuse anyway! Have you listened to the Pete&Geoff cd?
ShadowTrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2012, 14:41   #623
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTrev View Post
Hiya Cashy, thanks for your kind comments glad you enjoyed last night,we all enjoyed ourselves too,the odd wrong note here and there but it add's to the fun,thats my excuse anyway! Have you listened to the Pete&Geoff cd?
Yeh just listened, love the everly stuff, aint a big fan of Bee Gee stuff though,Last night we could tell the group was enjoying it n that helps make things imho, Thing is the guy wi the moustache we were sat next two has been in a good few groups, n is now a solo artist, he was saying how he much prefers listening to a proper group, who aint using backing tapes like he does, I think thats true wi many people, it sure is wi us, we didn't know the guy never met him before, so am going to suss him out up Haslingden next Sunday.
Old 15-10-2012, 05:43   #624
Mog

Quote:
Does anybody remember this Band and these guys from 1964/1965. from Bash/Accy.
Sorry, all from Rising Bridge Area. Played up the con + elsewhere. First time I heard them, their opening song was Mr Tamberine man. Just as good as the Birds.
Old 15-10-2012, 07:33   #625
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

If they played up con ive probably seen em, but blowed if i remember em, Dublomad will probably know if he sees this.
Old 16-10-2012, 09:14   #626
Mog

Band was called The Medics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 057.jpg (265.1 KB, 31 views)
Old 16-10-2012, 17:14   #627

Quote:
Band was called The Medics.
Know I'm probably asking the impossible, but have you discovered the name of the lad first on the left, his face really is very familiar!
sm_counsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 18:26   #628
Mog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm_counsell View Post
Know I'm probably asking the impossible, but have you discovered the name of the lad first on the left, his face really is very familiar!
These are the guys in the band. Second left is Geoff Kenyon. The other three are Barry Moran, Brian Webster and Melvyn Yates. But in what order I dont know. They are all Rising bridge lads.
Old 16-10-2012, 18:38   #629

it's Melvyn Yates on the left of the picture, then Geoff Kenyon, Brian Webster and Barry Moran on the right.
anzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2012, 18:42   #630
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

My better half said she thought 3rd lad was called Brian, but couldn't remember his last name.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..