Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2013, 15:34   #676

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

hello folks! just looking around on here after speaking to my mum earlier. My dad was in a band called Happy Medium around in the late 60's/early 70's, anyone remember them?
lauramckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-12-2013, 17:15   #677
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauramckie View Post
hello folks! just looking around on here after speaking to my mum earlier. My dad was in a band called Happy Medium around in the late 60's/early 70's, anyone remember them?
Is you father called Andy, Laura
Old 20-12-2013, 17:21   #678

Yes, he is! do you remember him?
Old 20-12-2013, 17:29   #679
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauramckie View Post
Yes, he is! do you remember him?
Give the reprobate my regards next time you see him, just tell him you've been talking to John Farrer. We used to move around in the same circles in our teens, quite a long time ago now
Old 20-12-2013, 17:39   #680

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Give the reprobate my regards next time you see him, just tell him you've been talking to John Farrer. We used to move around in the same circles in our teens, quite a long time ago now
Will do! I work with him at the family business, let me know if you've got any stories i can use against him! My mum (Yvonne, you might know her), has tried to call Gordon Holmes as she think he has some of their old material and i'd love to have a listen!
Old 15-03-2014, 10:14   #681

I think they may have been around in the same period as this group of youngsters, probably all under 15 at the time...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (509.7 KB, 83 views)
paul southwell likes this.
Jonz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 13:47   #682

Thinking about it, I think this more likely to be sometime around 1967?
Old 18-03-2014, 14:28   #683

Yes, I Remember that evening in 1965. It was very exciting for me at the ripe old age of 11!! Great memories
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (507.2 KB, 65 views)
Old 18-03-2014, 17:55   #684
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonz57 View Post
Yes, I Remember that evening in 1965. It was very exciting for me at the ripe old age of 11!! Great memories
Australian group are they?
Stevie R likes this.
Old 18-03-2014, 21:57   #685

The only way I could ever get any money out of em!
Old 26-03-2014, 18:35   #686
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Seems another of Boris @ Dansaks "Geoff Greenwood" Lead Guitar, has died, Wynonie told me last night, another of me old classmates gone. R.I.P. Geoff, Funeral 2-15 Accy Crem on Friday if anyone knew him.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:31   #687

Treadwheels and so on, was the band, Germany, no way, never got further that USA (uther side of Accrington) Ray Ormerod on drums, John Wiora on Bass, Roy Taylor vocals (Top Man) Alf "The vicar" on keyboards and yours truly on lead guitar. Wow, thats bringing back some memories.
putsinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:40   #688

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin View Post
I had a cousin from Clayton who was singer in the Dappers, his name was Billy Drinkwater, he was a joiner, and worked at Lancashire bar fitters, he worked with a bloke called Geoff Whiteside.
Billy Binks and Jeff Whiteside, I worked with them at HP Calverts builders, Back Burnley Rd Clayton. Had a site on Roman Rd in Darren, on the Moors, bluddy cold up there in Winter. John Wiora from The Treadwheels and so on was the apprentice plumber there. And Alan Bradshaw from The Nosmo Kings was apprentice bricklayer. Whoopee them were the days.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:42   #689
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Worked wi Roy Taylor fer 23 years, was still living up Bash last time i saw him. Did they get a tour of Germany n split before taking it then mate? I remember a mention in Evening Telegraph about a Kraut Tour or summat.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:44   #690

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin View Post
Billy Drinkwater ( Bean ) and the Dappers.
He got "Billy Binks " at work Hee Hee

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..