Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2009, 15:15   #1
I am Banned

Alan...rathyer gay flamboyant yank

Can folk remember this guy?i used to work on the markets and he was a regular...Descended from THE Ford family who became successful selling cars...groove with thanks
groove is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-10-2009, 17:28   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Alan...rathyer gay flamboyant yank

Did he used to wear fairly extravagent clothing ie a long fur coat, and had Grey Hair? If thats him i think he died a couple of years ago!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 17:34   #3
Senior Member+

Yeah, I think that was him, had a bit of a penchant for hot pants and sandals, rather odd bloke but nice enough. sadly no longer with us.
Old 08-10-2009, 18:13   #4

He was a lovely bloke.....a good friend of mine, was a great shock when he died. I had only been talking to him a few days before he died and seemed fine then but we never know whats coming, do we.
Old 08-10-2009, 19:03   #5

Alan was a great guy and always said hi and told a joke or two whenever we saw him with his poodle !!
ian
ian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 20:19   #6
God Member

used to come in to my work with a good joke or 2 was one of accys characters and accy was/is a bit duller for him passin away...
Old 08-10-2009, 23:45   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove View Post
Can folk remember this guy?i used to work on the markets and he was a regular...Descended from THE Ford family who became successful selling cars...groove with thanks
Alan Ford - Obituaries - Community - Accrington Observer

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..