Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2008, 14:25   #46
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Any old AM CB radio users out there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Who is the someone else?
Your lady wife's name rings a bell.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-07-2008, 22:57   #47
Clearly Classy.......

Hello Bagpuss. I think I work with your sister at Moorhead?

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 22:58   #48
Clearly Classy.......

Qsk!!!!!!!!!!

My Gallery My Albums
Romps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 14:34   #49
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romps View Post
Hello Bagpuss. I think I work with your sister at Moorhead?
You certainly do

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 14-07-2008, 18:53   #50
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
ok gimme a link to the pic then, i might know someone on there
Did you know any of them?

Old 08-09-2008, 10:59   #51

In reply to Margaretr;

I remember you from `The good old days.` Those were a great few years, it was all over far too quickly for my liking though! As for some names I remember; Soldier Blue, Nimrod, Kellys eye, Hubcap, Spanner man, Dalek, Copenhagen, Kipper, The Doc, Speedo, Jolly Green, Bimbo (male!) Tabby cat and Tarot.

Things were never the same after it was legalised. I hope to setup a `Virtual CB Radio` so all the old boys can get together and talk on the mic. I don`t know what interest there would be though, but I think it`s worth a try. I will post a link when I have the software and server setup and ready to go.

Anyway, good to see you are still keeping well. I always had a sweet spot for you, you were one of the prettiest ladies on CB Radio!!

Take care,
Daywalker.

Last edited by Daywalker; 08-09-2008 at 11:01.
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:30   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker View Post
In reply to Margaretr;

I remember you from `The good old days.` Those were a great few years, it was all over far too quickly for my liking though! As for some names I remember; Soldier Blue, Nimrod, Kellys eye, Hubcap, Spanner man, Dalek, Copenhagen, Kipper, The Doc, Speedo, Jolly Green, Bimbo (male!) Tabby cat and Tarot.

Things were never the same after it was legalised. I hope to setup a `Virtual CB Radio` so all the old boys can get together and talk on the mic. I don`t know what interest there would be though, but I think it`s worth a try. I will post a link when I have the software and server setup and ready to go.

Anyway, good to see you are still keeping well. I always had a sweet spot for you, you were one of the prettiest ladies on CB Radio!!

Take care,
Daywalker.
Oh My - my rampant past has caught up with me
I was 'between husbands' at the time
Life began at 40
Good times fondly remembered

On a sad note - I noticed that Pirate died recently.

I will be glad to hear news of good buddies from those memorable times.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 18:21   #53

Hi There,
Yes I was on AM, for some time and it was fun.Well I see you remember me. Its been a long time. I was called Tarot.
To all the old AM CB users out there hi.
magge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 18:25   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magge View Post
Hi There,
Yes I was on AM, for some time and it was fun.Well I see you remember me. Its been a long time. I was called Tarot.
To all the old AM CB users out there hi.
Hi Thea - glad to know you are still around

Old 23-09-2008, 17:54   #55

Hi all,
I am not sure if anyone would be interested but I have set-up a kind of `virtual cb radio` here online. I didn’t anticipate many users so I have only created 19 channels. Of course more can be added if there is any interest. You will of course need a mic and speakers. The server is going live online tonight and will be ready to use by tomorrow. Its all been tested and is working just fine, just can’t wait to hear some of the old familiar voices! There is a help page and a download page. I have made it as simple as possible but if you need help I won’t be far away.

Regards,
Daywalker.
Old 24-09-2008, 22:08   #56

hello you old cb,s out there i was one of thoughs people , loved it , what good fun it was , my handle was dolly dimple , i wish i could remember my sisters , but i can,t , sorry ,
pussycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2008, 22:57   #57
God Member

Awwww I just joined the facebook group just wish there were more pics from the eyballs... cross guns , commercial, omg what memories..
Can hear Tainted love and the likes playing now lol.
Bagpuss likes this.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2008, 00:55   #58

The instructions for my `Virtual CB Radio` can be found on this link Welcome to Daywalkers

I will be on chan 19 while I am near the computer. Come and say `hello`
If you have any problems, message me on here and I will give you a phone number so I can help you.

I will leave the Virtual CB server up and running for thirty days to determine if there is any interest, so if you like the idea, USE IT and say `Hello.` Lets get this going!

Looking forward to hearing some old voices,
Daywalker.
Old 23-10-2008, 18:46   #59
Junior Member+

Hi im new to the forum and live over in preston, i was also on am and just wonder if anyone remembers the marches in manchester n blackburn??
wildboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2008, 18:50   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildboy View Post
Hi im new to the forum and live over in preston, i was also on am and just wonder if anyone remembers the marches in manchester n blackburn??
I was on the march through Blackburn
'What do we want - AM
when do we want it - now'

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..