Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2015, 13:25   #1
Senior Member+

Censoring Nostalgia!

I noticed what I posted about the Vulcan was removed! Why? Fact is it was well known for drug dealers and as a place to get your drugs. I was too young then but recall going in it several times and it was known for that. Syd was older than me and that was one of his haunts - there was also the Queens I think was another haunt of similar characters.

So why censor the truth?

PS I only found that thread last week when I did a search on a smart phone and that link came up, I know it's an old one but I'd never seen it before.

Last edited by kestrelx; 04-11-2015 at 13:27.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-11-2015, 06:32   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Censoring Nostalgia!

I don't know why the thread was edited although its a 6 year old thread
I have reinstated the posts
please in future any complaints about editing ask a mod do not post on site as stated in the site rules
ta

link to site rules, rule 14 apply
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...tml#post406228

Last edited by Mick; 05-11-2015 at 06:40.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 21:55   #3
God Member

Re: Censoring Nostalgia!

i thought it was known mostly as a headbangers/ alternative pub that a few folk like most other pubs of that nature smoked a bit of weed. charles napier , swan etc

granted the bar staff smoked something in a rizla while serving but most dive pubs were lax with the rules

lets be honest here back when the vulcan was open you could buy drugs in any pub if you wanted them

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..