Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2011, 23:25   #46
Give, give, give member

Re: How far did you or your parents walk to save money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
No, not unthinkable, just bloody depressing, way back then, the only fear was if you left a pram unattended you might find it propped up on a set of bricks because the local scrotes would nick the wheels to make a trolly, (flat wagon), unfortunately now the perves have replaced the kids, you'd be left with the pram, but the sicko's take the child.

There's no evidence that there's been a significant rise in the number of paedophiles. It's just that people are more educated today, and therefore more likely to report it. Which happily means there has been an increase in the number of prosecutions of the sick bar stewards.

Sadly they've always been here, but years ago the victims felt they had to suffer in silence, unlike today.

Though unfortunately this has also meant there's been an increase in paranoia about child abusers, resulting in many children now being wrapped up in cotton wool. Unable to enjoy the innocent freedoms, enjoyed by previous generations.

I would agree there's been an increase in those parents who are a bit feckless.

The ones sat rolling a joint watching Jeremy Kyle, shortly after rolling out of their pit.

Who when they see a buggy, next to the Play Station and other assorted game consoles, suddenly remember they have their own lickle baby, but can't remember where they last put it.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-12-2011, 23:36   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
There's no evidence that there's been a significant rise in the number of paedophiles. It's just that people are more educated today, and therefore more likely to report it. Which happily means there has been an increase in the number of prosecutions of the sick bar stewards.

Sadly they've always been here, but years ago the victims felt they had to suffer in silence, unlike today.

Though unfortunately this has also meant there's been an increase in paranoia about child abusers, resulting in many children now being wrapped up in cotton wool. Unable to enjoy the innocent freedoms, enjoyed by previous generations.

The ones sat rolling a joint watching Jeremy Kyle, shortly after rolling out of their pit.

Who when they see a buggy, next to the Play Station and other assorted game consoles, suddenly remember they have their own lickle baby, but can't remember where they last put it.
I used to have a trolley,not proper soap box but good enough for Dorset drive at Helmshore
Stevie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2011, 23:44   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

I used to have a trolley,not proper soap box but good enough for Dorset drive at Helmshore
Old 21-12-2011, 09:38   #49
Resting in Peace

I don't know whats wrong, either Stevie R has a dicky computer, or he likes repeating himself
Old 21-12-2011, 18:05   #51
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie R View Post
Posting from my mobile to this site isnt easy,nothing boots up quick so double clicking happens.ps thanks for bringing it to my attention eh Jaysay!
Um must be the only one using a mobile device on this site then Stevie
Old 21-12-2011, 18:09   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Posting from my mobile to this site isnt easy,nothing boots up quick so double clicking happens.ps thanks for bringing it to my attention eh Jaysay!
Not the whisky this time then, Stevie R?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 08:27   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
Not the whisky this time then, Stevie R?
Ted Rogers on 3-2-1 near as dammit said the `clues were there`and Gordon has seen the clues..... posting wrong quote(should be from Less not Garinda),posting twice(my attempt to edit first post),Famous Grouse £10 a throw from Asda...you`ve got my number!
Old 22-12-2011, 08:39   #54
Resting in Peace

Think there's a motto there Stevie, don't edit posts on your mobile device
Old 22-12-2011, 09:44   #56
Resting in Peace

Quote:
you like a good motto now and then eh Jaysay!!!!
Ya certainly do, like my old mate W. C. Fields said never give a sucker and even break
Old 22-12-2011, 11:45   #58
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
this newbie is gonna `learn from the master`(old chinese geezer to the grasshopper)
Oh my God! After all these years of trying, Jay might have got himself an apprentice.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2011, 18:11   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Oh my God! After all these years of trying, Jay might have got himself an apprentice.
Well I learnt from the master

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..