Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2019, 07:52   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Huncoat Cable Cars !

Some excellent photos can be found at
Huncoat Garden Village | Regeneration Project for a better tommorrow
The gallery includes the aerial photo and another showing the rope way over Burnley Road looking towards Accrington. It clearly shows the letters ‘REDAC’.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-04-2019, 19:03   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonBarnes View Post
Hi Taddy, thanks for your reply. I would love a copy of the photo. Would you be able to send it as an email attachment? My Mum, Dad, sisters Linda, Susan & Geoff lived in the bottom house on Yorkshire Street until just before I was born in Feb 1964. We moves to Langdale Close, on the estate for my arrival because there wasn't any room left for a cot at Yorkshire St. Don't know a lot about Redac except that I spent my early years playing in the piles of bricks and sliding down the slope of the quarry & pond that was nect to Fish Lane. I did go to school in the village though. Unfortunately my Dad died in 1972 so I didn't get many years with him. If you can send the pic via email my address is:- [email protected]. Many thanks, Alison.
Hi Alison, I am sorry but I do not know how to send photo's, pics, etc via Bill Gates's infernal machine as I am only a 72 year old learner with this new! stile technology, Sorry.
Your's, Taddy.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 22:17   #48
Senior Member+

Alison,
Try the approach I showed earlier above.
I have also sent you an E Mail with the photo attached.
I hope you can access it.
Bob Mitchell
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 09:08   #49
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Hi Alison, I am sorry but I do not know how to send photo's, pics, etc via Bill Gates's infernal machine as I am only a 72 year old learner with this new! stile technology, Sorry.
Your's, Taddy.
Oh Taddy...it is easy easy...it must be...I can do it.
There is a lesson somewhere on the site which goes through it step by step....and I posted some pictures to make it even easier.
Thar nod a larner if thar learns nowt tha nose.

Sorry about the lapse into cotton talk.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 18:56   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Oh Taddy...it is easy easy...it must be...I can do it.
There is a lesson somewhere on the site which goes through it step by step....and I posted some pictures to make it even easier.
Thar nod a larner if thar learns nowt tha nose.

Sorry about the lapse into cotton talk.
Ha,Ha,Ha, Everything is easy when one is interested and knows how to do it.
give me a hammer and a big screwdriver and I will build anything but this Bill Gates's infernal machine is not really something that I am over interested in.
Your's Taddy.
cashman likes this.
Old 10-04-2019, 04:36   #51
Senior Member+

I sympathise with you, Taddy I'm in the same boat
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 17:59   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

seems yer not alone then taddy me also.
Old 10-04-2019, 18:47   #53
Beacon of light

Well, I used to think I was rubbish....but I am a learner too....ready to give it a go....and really the technology isn't new anymore.
I am sure I did some work on the internet for my city and guilds qualification....and that would be around 1987.
taddy likes this.
Old 14-04-2019, 16:16   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Well, I used to think I was rubbish....but I am a learner too....ready to give it a go....and really the technology isn't new anymore.
I am sure I did some work on the internet for my city and guilds qualification....and that would be around 1987.
A City and Guilds qualification ? I can't even manage a Village and Street certificate but I am good with dogs and ferrets.
Stay happy as alway's, Your's Taddy.
Old 14-04-2019, 18:45   #55
Beacon of light

Oh yes Taddy....a city and guilds in adult education....it was not really something I enjoyed doing, but was seconded from my job....they wanted me to teach student nurses....so I did it.
Much of it was practical. So, that was enjoyable....and I did well for a 'numb nooker ' who left school with no qualifications.
It is amazing what you can do when you are pushed(and being paid).

And anyone who can look out for dogs and ferrets is OK by me.
taddy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..