Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2011, 19:55   #46
God Member

Re: New Era Youth Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev Gray View Post
Used to go to the Era then and loved Schoolgirl Bitch! Saw them at Ossie Town Hall and we booted holes in the front of their very nice stage which ended up looking like cheese! Good times, some of the best of my life!
A member here -kestrelX - was a member of that band.
kestrelx likes this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-11-2011, 16:47   #47
Senior Member+

We used to rehearse downstairs in the back room which was where all the boilers and electrics were, there was an old cold storage area bit like a big cupboard three times the size of a transit van, which had a door on it, we used to rehearse in there sometimes because it deadened the sound!

Does anyone remember the guy who ran it; Richie, I forget his surname, I heard a rumour he got in trouble with the law for something unsavoury in the early 80's! Does anyone know what happened?

Last edited by kestrelx; 10-11-2011 at 16:52.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 21:04   #48

happy memories , used to play football there down stairs on a friday around 1973/4 then sit and watch the older ones dancing to northern soul afterwards , i was mesmerised, needless to say i caught the bug too
claretman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:45   #49
Junior Member+

Went when it first opened. 1968? Played netball for them. They had a white transit van that used to take us around. ALways had dances and bands downstairs and always packed. Went to Austria and Luxembourg and we even got on Radio Luxembourg one night.
A big crowd of us used to hang out there. Progressed from there to the pub next to the cinema on Broadway and of course The Deck in front of the Market Hall
Happy Days
developmentjunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 22:54   #50
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

I went to itb training centre which was next door before it moved to blackburn!in 79/80when i used to go in at breaks and dinner times..9
Old 13-10-2015, 16:04   #51
Senior Member+

Anyone remember the lad who used to do the Elvis Presley dancing around 77 - 78, he was only young, not old as the activity would suggest.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 13:43   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
We used to rehearse downstairs in the back room which was where all the boilers and electrics were, there was an old cold storage area bit like a big cupboard three times the size of a transit van, which had a door on it, we used to rehearse in there sometimes because it deadened the sound!

Does anyone remember the guy who ran it; Richie, I forget his surname, I heard a rumour he got in trouble with the law for something unsavoury in the early 80's! Does anyone know what happened?

Hi there. Richie's surname was McMullen - don't do rumours but Richie moved to London where he managed a youth club in Earls Court. Cheers G,
kestrelx likes this.
FriendofAccyEra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 13:47   #53

Hi Kestrelx - Richie's surname was McMullen - don't do rumours - Richie went to London and ran a youth club in Earls Court
kestrelx likes this.
Old 05-05-2017, 19:33   #54

I knew Richie and Rosa too. Good people. I also had some great times in Borwick Hall. Graham
kestrelx likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..