Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2006, 18:03   #1
I am Banned

Pranks, dares & mischeiviousness

Me & Tinks was having a reminisce about the funstuff we got upto as kids like the tumble dryer incident, some things was such a laugh now as was in their heyday.....things that are lost with most kids today - tending to prefer the more boring of dangers lol.

Mine was results of dares & stupidity [gee nowt changed with me then hehehehe], me & a friend dared to go off the golden eagle up coppice on a black plastic sheet on snow [lesser big trees then] & i went smack into a tree & me mate disappeared to other end. Another snow incident was being dared to jump into a huge pile of snow & to my discovery found it was a potted bush plant underneath could of nearly broken me leg. My other moments of madness was going from base of coppice right down to the bottom of Avenue Parade on my bike with no brakes [hehehehehe] days before eastgate, in fact for a long time went down any hill on my brakeless bike & suffered many of injuries - smacked meself into a lampost then went over handlebars - bust nose, skidding so close to the ground i took my flesh off my knee on Norfolk st - stupid bitty stone road.

Ah theres but few there rest - errr my dads on AW lol? So what was peoples memories of been a pranker, pranked or just damn right daft as a brush like moi
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-08-2006, 20:41   #2
God Member

Re: Pranks, dares & mischeiviousness

My most memorable has got to be rigging a mates flat up with fish wire and convincing one of our other mates that was visiting, that the flat was haunted. It worked a treat!

Worst prank I've been on the receiving end of was when mthead got rockfm to ring me Less said about that one the better!
Old 10-08-2006, 23:05   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Worst prank I've been on the receiving end of was when mthead got rockfm to ring me Less said about that one the better!
Oooohhh i not heard about this have i????? pmsl @ mthead who bet got a slap after hehehehehe
Old 10-08-2006, 23:16   #4
God Member

Yeah he made me look ..... or should i say sound .. like a right kn*b on the radio lol!
Old 11-08-2006, 00:58   #5
God Member

Some of mine might be classed as dangerous our illeagal. Mind you one does stick in my mind when they were building the Asda as when we climbed onto the steel framework it would shake. Pity we didnt shake it harder.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:54   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
Yeah he made me feel ..... or should i say sound .. like a little kn*b on the radio lol!
Nothing new there then
Old 11-08-2006, 09:32   #7
God Member

At Uni I was in Halls of residence for the year I was there. It was a group of rooms, 18 to a square with communal bathrooms in the centre and a kitchen at one end.

The doors would spring open if you kicked them just by teh lock, thgis led to numerous pranks,

1) The usual 3 o'clock in teh morning, burst in and dump said occupant in a freezing cold bath

2) unscrew teh hinges so when occupant came home and opened teh door with teh key the whole door would fall into teh room.

3) and this was the best, one lad had to go home for a fortnight due to a family thing. we broke into his room, now in each room you were given one of those 2' x 3' long shagpile rugs. We watered and grass seeded it and grew a lovely 'lawn' in his room, teh day he was due back, we borrowed a student uni mini bus and went up Snowden(I was at Bangor).We nicked a sheep off the mountain and stuck it in his room. When he came back he opened his room to find the sheep happily munching on his new lawn! ( We took teh sheep back and it wasn't harmed in teh making of this prank!)

Then there were teh times at work, we used to get stuff delieverd in big boxes filled with those polystyrene S shapes. One lad made teh fatal mistake of leaving his car keys lying aroudn so we opened a window, locked teh car and then filled it to the brim with the stuff.

One played on me when I worked at the Britannia, By the kitchens there is a big extractor fan that blows teh hot air out from teh kitchen. I worked out that in winter if you parked under it your windscreen didn't get frosted up for when you finished work so I sort of made this my 'space' I also used teh same spot in Summer.... Thats when the sods used 3 Catering sized rolls of Cling Film to completely wrap my car up. What they hadn't realised was that teh heat from teh extractor actually turned it into shrink wrap! It took me about an hour with a sharp knife just to get in teh car!

I've got some more but I'll leave them for later

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:29   #8
God Member

I think I led a sheltered life and the worst I got up to as a kid was knocking on a door or two and running away.

Did once play a good trick on a guy I worked with. This was in the early days of car phones (before mobiles came along). The boss at this company was a bit of a pain and a real time keeper but also kept bugging this guy at home. He'd more or less calculated how long it took this guy to get home and often rang him straight after work to ask him more stuff. It was really winding this guy up to start off with so when I faked a letter from the boss saying that he was getting a car phone for the guy so that he would be able to contact him at all times he went through the roof. Good job I did it on a day when the boss was out. Doesn't sound particularly funny now but was at the time.

He sort of got me back though so I don't usually go in for pranks.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:41   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

in days of old when everyone had a coal fire certain youngsters used to climb on the roofs from an outbuilding in a shop yard,taking with them cardboard boxes,from the yard. they then proceded to turn the boxes upside down over the chimney pots. then run and hide, 10-15 mins later the unfortunate victims came running out of their front doors coughing and spluttering.(terrible)
Old 11-08-2006, 12:54   #10
God Member

Dit block the exhaust on an old VW beetle with of all things fairy liquid tops.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 15:48   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Nothing new there then
OY !!! ........... you cheeky git!!
Old 11-08-2006, 16:16   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Dit block the exhaust on an old VW beetle with of all things fairy liquid tops.
potatoes are best for exhast pipes - not that i did that but have seen it done a few times
Old 11-08-2006, 17:30   #13
Resting in Peace

I'm like Gayle, nothing really daring, sort of goody, goody... well, 90% of the time Nothing really bad... just on one late evening March 31st, too long ago to remember the year, whilst still at Accy High, decided to dress up the old Grammar school. Climbed up fire escapes, etc., and hung different styles of ladies underwear on their flag pole, roof, etc. Good job no CCTV cameras then, would have def. got expelled. Seemed risque at the time.

Apart from that, just the usual; how many people can we get in this toilet girls? think made 16 before got caught and all fell through the door after teacher decided to see what was going on.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 17:34   #14
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
potatoes are best for exhast pipes - not that i did that but have seen it done a few times
Sorry, I disagree. You can’t beat a dead budgie for the “Bloody Hell what was that” effect. But you do have to remember not to hide on its flight path.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 17:48   #15
Member.

Kidnapping Bovines and piglets.

Tying a lad to a Flag Pole naked and hoisting him inverted 5 ft up outside of an H Block at Wyton. Same lad was also pushed out of an upstairs window (on to mattresses of course) and also pushed him down three flights of stairs in a 1950 RAF vintage Wardrobe (without padding). We also flung him naked across the shower room floor (which was half flooded to increase his ground speed) this was not a case of bullying; we liked the lad and considered him a mate.

There are many more silly and irresponsible acts against property and persons innocent of everything but for being unsuspecting. I am not proud of my past, or my selfish actions. But every incident was bloody hilarious.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..