Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-06-2008, 15:14   #1
God Member

The Vulcan

With memories flooding back spending time reading the Barbary Coast thread i was wondering if anyone else remembered or went to The Vulcan in blackburn.quality establishment with a very high quality music choice..... Spent many a drunken teenage night in there.
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-06-2008, 16:06   #2
God Member

Re: The Vulcan

i obviously never entered that god damn awful place but i remember it being there, down near waves wasnt it? i remember my aunt telling me it was a real seedy place and i had never to go in it
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2008, 16:11   #3
God Member

Aye, thats the one....seedy..? no.......well er yes, maybe...........but hey whats wrong with that....?
Old 15-06-2008, 16:21   #4
God Member

full of druggies wasnt it pipples?
Old 15-06-2008, 16:55   #5
God Member

No, just Rocker type people...................
Old 15-06-2008, 17:04   #6
God Member

hmmm if you say so
Old 15-06-2008, 18:14   #7
Resting in Peace

Used to go in at lunch time when I was at Tech, as I remember twas a very good Juke Box
Old 15-06-2008, 19:04   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
With memories flooding back spending time reading the Barbary Coast thread i was wondering if anyone else remembered or went to The Vulcan in blackburn.quality establishment with a very high quality music choice..... Spent many a drunken teenage night in there.
Only pub in Blackburn with no chairs....Walt Buck.....Landlord.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2008, 22:07   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

was a great boozer way back, great juke box n good crack. Jubilee i think was just up road around corner another gem.
Old 16-06-2008, 07:53   #10

Me to Jaysay, used to go in at lunch times, when I was a fulltime student at Blackburn Tech, or we used to go to the Mecca for the lunchtime sessions, the DJ played all the latest in soul. It went down well with the pies.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 09:13   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin View Post
Me to Jaysay, used to go in at lunch times, when I was a fulltime student at Blackburn Tech, or we used to go to the Mecca for the lunchtime sessions, the DJ played all the latest in soul. It went down well with the pies.
Yup Alan tried that as well, also Belper Street Baths in Summer as well. We started the twilight shift whilst I was at Tech, that was right through until 7pm. so you didn't need to come back for a night class, we used to do the Mecca at lunch and the Vulcan at tea
Old 16-06-2008, 09:29   #12

What years would that be jaysay, and what department, I was Catering.
Alan Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 16:36   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gilmartin View Post
What years would that be jaysay, and what department, I was Catering.
64 TO 67 Alan, I was in the joinery department, went to Blackburn when they shut our departmet at Sandy Lane
Old 16-06-2008, 16:54   #14
God Member

lol i remember the vulcan , i a very nice barlady kindly donated the ash that fell off her joint into my pint

thought it best to blow it off the head of my beer rather than complain and get told to F off lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 17:00   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
lol i remember the vulcan , i a very nice barlady kindly donated the ash that fell off her joint into my pint

thought it best to blow it off the head of my beer rather than complain and get told to F off lol
You'll be intimating that that salubrious establishment had a bad name accyman

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..