Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2018, 07:10   #31

Re: Well, This Took Me Back A Bit!

Sorry to have disappointed you, Accyborn. It would have quite a coincidence if you had been there at the same time as he was in 'Building' also. My brother went to Accrington Tech (in Engineering) but that was several years before you were there.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-07-2018, 18:26   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

[QUOTE=Accyborn;1215247]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyborn View Post

I think you are spot on there Cashman, I think King Wah was the first one I can remember. I am not sure if it opened when the Tower Cafe closed but it was in the same building.
After he got done it was sold and they changed the name to the Sun Wah,i always liked the place though i probably ate cat instead of chicken and never knew it. We used to call Mrs Archer "Fat Alice" was always known for me tact.

Last edited by cashman; 31-07-2018 at 18:29.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:23   #33

[QUOTE=cashman;1215336]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyborn View Post
After he got done it was sold and they changed the name to the Sun Wah,i always liked the place though i probably ate cat instead of chicken and never knew it. We used to call Mrs Archer "Fat Alice" was always known for me tact.

I must be more of a gentleman and not to the point like you cashman. I would have said she was "Pleasantly Plump."
Accyborn is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..