Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2008, 23:19   #1

02 Broadband

just wondering if anyone uses or has used 02 home broadband, considering getting it when i get my pc sorted as it seems very reasonably priced for the amount of things included. anyone have any opinions on it? Cheers in advance.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-09-2008, 06:47   #2

Re: 02 Broadband

I have O2 broadband and its absolutely brilliant.

The initial setup was easy, but i found myself losing connection a couple of times aday, only for a second or so, but enough to irritate. O2 were great in adjusting the volume (?! or summat), and making sure I had maximum speed with minimum disruption. Now I have a constant service paying 1/3 of what i paid AOL for a faster speed.

I also get 100 free texts a month (pc to phone) which come in handy.

I couldnt have asked for more from this service, first rate and more than happy to recommend
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 07:08   #3
Resident Waffler

We have just recently gone onto O2 Broadband and it's a lot better than the provider we had previously which was Bulldog/Pipex/Whatever. I also find the O2 staff extremely helpful.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 07:31   #4

Hi we have been on o2 Broadband since it was introduced and can honestly say we have had no problems with it at all. When we first set it up and had a few queries we found the customer service call centre very helpful, answered straight away AND they are english call centres too! Also, its a freephone number which always helps. o2 are also voted the fastest broadband provider in many web magazines each month. We were previously with orange and had nightmare problems with them...lost connection for days at a time, useless call centre and thats when you managed to get through!
carlsbergaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 08:38   #5

What I liked as well was they charge you for the speed you are actually able to receive rather than charge you for a fast connection when you are never gonna receive that speed.

If I remember rightly, I signed for a 20mb connection, but was unable to receive more than 12mb consistently, so they charge me for a 10mb. Cant really say fairer than that lol
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 09:48   #6
God Member

on average how much is o2 broadband a month?
Old 26-09-2008, 10:22   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
on average how much is o2 broadband a month?
The prices start at £7.50 per month unlimited download limit too. If you go to O2 – The UK's Leading Provider of Mobile Phones & Broadband click on broadband link all the info is there.
carlsbergaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 12:16   #8
Resident Waffler

Oh and another thing. The changeover was incredibly smooth and simple. I'd been dreading it as I'd heard tales of woe when people changed to other ISPs

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 12:30   #9
God Member

wow thats half the price i'm paying with BT
Old 26-09-2008, 16:20   #10
God Member

bt blow big time , they will never admit deliberatly slowing your connection down on teh phone when you ring to see why your speed has gone to that of 56k dial up but its in teh terms and conditions

no provider provides unlimited usage as they advertise and get around this by saying they have a fair usage policy which they enforce wether its needed or not

bulldog never once contacted me about downloading too much but they are now owned by the second worst company in the country tiscali so i left them and am now with bethere internet who are cheap and provide a 12mb connection and as of yet dont seem to mind how much i download

if you are a average user and dont want to downlaod music , movies , watch utube ,play xbox live or oline games etc then most companies are ok but if you want to use above average amounts of bandwidth then avoid BT at all costs or you will find your self waiting hours for things to download and unable to play online games especialy between 5pm and 11pm when they deliberatly restrict your internet

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2008, 16:50   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
bt blow big time , they will never admit deliberatly slowing your connection down on teh phone when you ring to see why your speed has gone to that of 56k dial up but its in teh terms and conditions

i've been with BT for as long as i've known you and other than the router keep going off i've never had any problems with it, well none that i can remember
Old 27-09-2008, 18:40   #12

Been with Virgin, Bulldog and BT and had problems with all - Switched to O2 and can't fault it - brilliant
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 19:21   #13

I have to say it sounds like 02 will be getting my custom. nobody seems to have a bad word to say about them.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2008, 22:58   #14
Accy Goddess

My Son switched to 02 broadband and says it's Brilliant.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 00:43   #15
Senior Member+

i can only agree with the above o2 users

i've been on it about a month and its fantastic!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..