Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2008, 12:41   #1
God Member

Question Best PC Parts shops?

Looks like my pc is goosed and can't pin down the exact problem ... it's either the cpu, motherboard, power supply or gfx card ... I think ... so basically were's the best place to get these things from? I haven't got a clue were to start .. TIA
Old 30-12-2008, 13:04   #2
God Member

Re: Best PC Parts shops?

Scan
Whats it doing - or not doing

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2008, 13:07   #3
God Member

What's it doing? Because the parts you describe are practically a whole new PC :P
Old 30-12-2008, 17:41   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Why not start by not panicking? Someone one here always has a spare part, why not describe you're actual problem?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 12:39   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
why not describe you're actual problem?
grrrr were do i start ... this thing is seriously doing my head in ... right here goes this is going to take a while

The old pc, just got up one morning the thing wouldn't turn on but it had been fine the night before, so unplugged the main power supply and all the other things in the back, mouse keyboard, speakers etc ... plugged them back in turned it on it went to bios screen ... i just exited out of that without making changes ... got someone to come have a look at it. It was doing different things every time it was booted, sometimes would load to windows then freeze and needed a reset, sometimes loading to the f1 screen then freezing needing a reset after loading in safe mode, other times the screen was funny ... only way i can describe it is like when sky tv glitches. So ...

1 incase was gfx card tried an older one ... still didn't work
2 tried a different memory stick ... still didn't work

tried a few other things but nothing worked so thought ****** it buy a new tower

Got one put my hd in it as second slave hd so i did't loose stuff, my 1 and a half gig memory and my nividia gfx card ... booted woot everything was good ... for one night ... got up morning after not working again so it must be something from my old pc

1 unattached my old hd ... didn't work
2 put in the original smaller gfx card that the new system came with ... didn't work
3 tried a different memory stick ... BINGO ... so tried to work out which of mine was corrupt the 1 gig or half gig ... the half gig gave me same problem again ... the 1 gig was fine so left that in thought i had a working pc again

was perfectly fine til last night ... downloaded java to play a very simple game of scrabble ... clicked the link to play ... whoosh pc does a reset ... tried again same ... tried a 3rd time pc turned itself off tried rebooting it and just got beeps like the memory wasn't fitted correct

Turned it on this morning and its booted

WTF is wrong with it ... help anyone before i take it outside and give it the right good kicking it deserves

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 02-01-2009 at 12:42.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 16:52   #6
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Best PC Parts shops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
Looks like my pc is goosed and can't pin down the exact problem ... it's either the cpu, motherboard, power supply or gfx card ... I think ... so basically were's the best place to get these things from? I haven't got a clue were to start .. TIA
There’s a very good computer shop in Rishton.

It’s on the right just before you get to the canal bridge as you head for Clayton.

Just take your tower and he will have a look and probably tell you what is wrong and how much it will cost to fix it.
Old 02-01-2009, 17:36   #7
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
.. help anyone before i take it outside and give it the right good kicking it deserves
Although I would like to see you giving it a good kicking I don't think it would help much.

If you can remember where we live you could drop off both PC's and all the bits you have been trying and I will have a look for you. Don't bring any keyboards mice monitors, just the towers and bits ( better still send Ian because its cold outside ).

If you can't remember just ask and I can pm you address.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..