Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2010, 00:30   #1

Can anyone help with a Sony memory card?

Can anyone help? I need to get some images off a Sony digital camera - it uses a Memory stick pro duo.

From the research I've done, it needs a special type of USB cable or an adaptor to make it fit into card readers - neither of which I can get hold of.

It's not a business request - it's for a bereaved mum & dad, which is why I don't want to hassle them for their adaptor.

I've asked on the Great Harwood list too - it's a long shot, so I thought I'd ask the metropolis that is Accrington...

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help...

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2010, 06:48   #2

Re: Can anyone help with a Sony memory card?

istr that my daughter has one of those.

Let me look for it then if I find it & you dont mind a trip to Ratwenstall I can copy them off for you.

Or if you want to buy one - this will take a few weeks to arrive.

Have you looked in poundland? they always do this sort of card reader - it may do the ms duo.
Matty
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2010, 10:28   #3

Thanks, Matty. I need to get it done today really. I'm scanning photos like a lunatic, and want everything digitised so they can get their camera, photos and CDs back. I'll find out today if the funeral is

A friend in Rishton from the Great Harwood list has got an adaptor - I think that's going to be my first port of call, because I can go, copy the files, and give the hardware back all in one visit.

I'll keep you posted. Thanks everyone for looking...

Old 17-08-2010, 12:33   #4

All sorted. now. Thanks again, Matty.

Gareth

Old 17-08-2010, 19:08   #5

Okidoki.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 00:06   #6
Junior Member+

if you go into pound land in burnley you can buy a reader for your memory card for a quid

you could also try pound shops in accy town centre

they are not rare or expensive, I bought one and use it all the time for home and at work I am the computer guy at HUFS in accy and they come in several different colours lol
thealien2000uk is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..