Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2009, 22:40   #1
God Member

Can someone help plz

My niece got a new laptop for her 21st and its been perfect till today ,
Shes had no trouble connecting to the net on it whereever she has been , but today she cant

Ive had a look and it keep saying that there is no network adaptor installed on the computer.

I can only assume that somehow she has uninstalled the drivers but im damned if I know what to look for and how to get it back.

Please can anyone give me any ideas?
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-05-2009, 23:17   #2
I am Banned

Re: Can someone help plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
My niece got a new laptop for her 21st and its been perfect till today ,
Shes had no trouble connecting to the net on it whereever she has been , but today she cant

Ive had a look and it keep saying that there is no network adaptor installed on the computer.

I can only assume that somehow she has uninstalled the drivers but im damned if I know what to look for and how to get it back.

Please can anyone give me any ideas?
Use System restore to an earlier date.

Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009, 23:18   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Use System restore to an earlier date.

Retlaw.
I have tried S R but it didnt seem to help.
Old 14-05-2009, 23:57   #4
God Member

she has probbaly turned off teh wireless adapter

there will be either a button that slides across on teh laptop with what looks liek a satelite dish which you slide to on ( it may slide back on its own but will be enabled)

or

there will be a button that has "fn" written on it usually in blue , hold this button down and press another key which will have a picture of what looks like a cocktail glass on it also in ble - usually along teh top row but could be on one of teh other keys

this will enable the wireless adapter nad you will be set to go again

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2009, 00:04   #5
God Member

here is some examples

cant find a pic of teh one that looks liek a cocktial glass , what make is teh laptop so i can find teh key you need if any

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 15-05-2009, 15:32   #6
God Member

accyman will you ring me plz
Old 16-05-2009, 23:22   #7

What sort of laptop is it Cherokee? My lenovo did the same until I realised that I had turned the wireless off ( small switch on the front not on the keyboard). I suspect Accyman is right.
egg&chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 20:51   #8
Senior Member+

it would just come up with failing to connect rather than saying uninstalled if the switch on the laptop was turned to off.

Need to know name model number ETC and download the drivers.....
Old 20-05-2009, 20:58   #9
God Member

actually it does usually say that the network adaptor is not installed when you turn it off. I've seen/done this on Lenovo(IBM)/Dell/Acer/HP and others.

Cherokee, any update chuck?

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2009, 21:09   #10
God Member

its fixed shes just forgot to post

Old 21-05-2009, 21:20   #11
God Member

lol sorry yes its fixed just not been around sorry,
It was the drivers for the net that she had lost and had to download and reinstall.

thanks all .

although it was good to learn about the switchlol..
Old 24-05-2009, 10:40   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
actually it does usually say that the network adaptor is not installed when you turn it off. I've seen/done this on Lenovo(IBM)/Dell/Acer/HP and others.

Cherokee, any update chuck?
it doesnt on my laptop
Old 24-05-2009, 13:50   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
it doesnt on my laptop
i dont think it will have usb either

Old 24-05-2009, 14:30   #14
Senior Member+

lol it has 2 thank you very much hehehe. Wireless built in on my laptop, it only says 'cannot find networks' when turned off
Old 24-05-2009, 14:45   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
lol it has 2 thank you very much hehehe. Wireless built in on my laptop, it only says 'cannot find networks' when turned off
the pics dissapeared but heres a replacement for those wondering what were on about coz i can no longer edit the origional post

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..