Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2011, 16:51   #1
Senior Member+

Flash player problem

Ok, having tried about a zillion times to get flash player to work I've given up and need help, problem started after I ran SAS program to get rid of that stupid "security alert" virus, it got rid of the virus but have lost flash player too and everytime I download and install it the icon shows on the control panel but it doesn't work! I've tried uninstalling IE 9 and putting IE8 back on, same thing happens, I've tried all the troubleshooting tips I can find and nothings working , any help?
Its running Windows XP and IE8 at the moment , everything else seems fine.
Old 01-04-2011, 17:47   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Flash player problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Ok, having tried about a zillion times to get flash player to work I've given up and need help, problem started after I ran SAS program to get rid of that stupid "security alert" virus, it got rid of the virus but have lost flash player too and everytime I download and install it the icon shows on the control panel but it doesn't work! I've tried uninstalling IE 9 and putting IE8 back on, same thing happens, I've tried all the troubleshooting tips I can find and nothings working , any help?
Its running Windows XP and IE8 at the moment , everything else seems fine.
I had problems with that silly security alert malarkey, I just used the reverse to an earlier date, lindsay, It didn't affect my flash player, maybe if you did that it could help, just a thought
Old 01-04-2011, 18:32   #3
Senior Member+

Cheers but don't think that will help since I have installed and uninstalled so many things now!
Old 01-04-2011, 21:31   #4

you can try going into internet explorer then choose tools then options then advanced and at the bottom there should be a button that says reset press that which might sort it
sean2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 22:31   #5
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Cheers but don't think that will help since I have installed and uninstalled so many things now!
Whenever you make changes to your computer you should create a check point. then you will see what was installed & uninstalled.
Retlaw.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 21:12   #6
God Member

try it within another browser to make sure its not just IE that has an issue, I personally like Opera but Firefox is very popular, Even if you want to go back to IE ytry these to see if they have the same issue.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 08:51   #7
Resting in Peace

I had a similar problem with IE8 so in desperation I un-installed it and went back to IE7.

Been ok ever since

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 20:16   #8
God Member

some elements of teh corrupted instalation may be been lft behind when you uninstall adobe flash player and effecting new instalations

here is a small article on a small program that will clean up thos files that get left behind

restart your pc then install adobe flashplayer again and you should (fingers crossed) be ok

Adobe Flash Player Removal Tool to Completely Remove Flash Player Plugin

i havnt used this program as i havnt had issues but if i was having your problem its what i would do

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 03-04-2011 at 20:19.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 17:06   #9
Senior Member+

Thanks for all the ideas, I've ended up downloading Opera and Flash player had no issues with that! Obviously summat to do with IE.
Old 09-04-2011, 16:55   #10
Senior Member+

Some people like Chrome, not a fan of it myself. Never used opera but Firefox is a good choice for a browser.

IE sucks. I never use it... and now that I am on ubuntu i don't even have it

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..