Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2014, 09:30   #46
God Member

Re: iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
As part of the launch of the new iPhone, Apple have made U2's new album available for free on their phones and iPads. Having just listened to it, I think I will get rid of the iPad and replace it with a Samsung tablet.
go for android but stay away from samsung they are complete garbage and tehir customer support is utter crap as well

they have very poor charger ports that cant handle been used daily so when they eventually break or go brittle through the heat and you send it back you get a uniform letter saying that your TV had been put through an extreem and traumatic event and your warranty is invalid.Yes i said TV i was pretty amazed myself and when i rang they basically said i had thrown my tablet and broke teh charger port.

i bought two 7" tablets for teh kids and a 10" tablet for myself then at a later date bought another 7" for my partner . All of them developed the same fault and samsung accused me of breaking it .At a later date i sent a samsung LCD tv back for repair and i was expecting a letter saying my fridge could not be repaired but they got it right and called it a TV but still refused to fix it.

samsung dont do repairs they outsource to a company that is basically a cowboy outfit that likes to return tablet computers with coffee mug stains on them and open up tablets with butter knives rather than the correct tools that wont dammage thee case

In short samsung will jump through every hoop to not honor a warranty or guarantee and what they call beyond repair was fixed for £20 eleswhere.

lol i was also told on one occassion that charging my tablet once a day was excessive use lol

it took 3 months of sending things back and forth to get one tablet eventually fixed but that was only because they sent it back with a coffee stain and choppe dplastic so thay kind of had to

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 12-09-2014 at 09:33.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-09-2014, 10:57   #47
Senior Member+

I have software that copies any thing from iphone/ipad to any other device, including my PC.
It is a drag and drop program and works seamlessly without iTunes.
Music, Apps, photos, infact all the iphone or ipad.
Trouble is it is only registered to my PC so I cannot let you have a copy, apart from the fact it cost £29.
It's called phone transfer Pro.

I use it a lot to download music for the Blind society and then convert it to a format which they can play on their music centre.
Yesterday we had line dancing with the Houghton Weavers tracks. Blackpool Belle was their favourite.
Stevie R likes this.

Last edited by Gremlin; 12-09-2014 at 11:00.
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:25   #48
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Why are such simple things so hard on apple stuff? I can copy anything to or from my phone using the file explorer program downloaded from the Google Play without needing to even sit in front of a PC. No jail braking, no hacking just using it as you would expect to use it.

It's time for me to change my phone again but I just can't bring myself to get an iPhone 6 and join the Apple sheep. The thing would just stress me out to much
Old 12-09-2014, 12:27   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Why are such simple things so hard on apple stuff? I can copy anything to or from my phone using the file explorer program downloaded from the Google Play without needing to even sit in front of a PC. No jail braking, no hacking just using it as you would expect to use it.

It's time for me to change my phone again but I just can't bring myself to get an iPhone 6 and join the Apple sheep. The thing would just stress me out to much
And you won't have to suffer listening to U2's new album!
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 14:13   #50
Senior Member+

Talking of Samsung TVs my mates TV is controlling itself
Old 13-09-2014, 12:15   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Why are such simple things so hard on apple stuff?much
because they refuse to accept the best way of doing something has already been discovered using current technology and arnt clever enough to think of anything different that works so they create a much longer process to do something and if they cant create that much longer process they simply tell the customer/user they are not allowed to do it like bluetooth file transfer for example.

android arnt totally innocent themselves theres a lot of crap comes on your phone with android that you cant remove

personally i think if its your phone you should get the final say in what goes on it without having to hack and invalidate your warranty

if i buy a plain t-shirt i dont expect to open it and find advertisements on it and it should be the same with any item you buy

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 13-09-2014, 12:17   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Talking of Samsung TVs my mates TV is controlling itself
either the main board has a fault which is expensive or the remote is faulty.

take the batteries out of the remote and see if it still happens

there is a small circuit board on teh inside with the infa red reciever on it but i doubt that developed a fault but would be cheaper than a main board

ring samsung their products usually have 2 year manufacturer warranty but as iv said they can be difficult to deal with

Last edited by accyman; 13-09-2014 at 12:19.
Old 13-09-2014, 18:09   #53
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Get a Nexus with pure android on it if you want it how you want it. It's Samsung or HTC or whoever that add the stuff you can't take off. Advertising is instead of paying for the app
Old 13-09-2014, 18:17   #54
Beacon of light

I have just noticed that the U2 album has appeared on my iPad.....just because it is free doesn't mean that I want it.....it seems there are a lot of Apple users who do not wish to have this on their devices. I won't be downloading it. I never cared for their stuff when they were popular.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 19:46   #55
Senior Member+

I think it's a personal preference which phone you buy.
I have had two Androids and am now on my second iPhone.
Yesterday I was asked to help a friend sort out her new Sony phone and struggled with it now I'm used to iPhone. We eventually managed.
The only gripe I have is with Virgin who don't do 4G but I have a good monthly deal with them and am not on contract. I buy my own phone.
It's £10 a month. 350 minutes which I never reach, 1 gig data and unlimited text. Cancel anytime at no cost.
U2 what's that Margaret, no way will it be on my phone.
Old 13-09-2014, 19:54   #56
Beacon of light

If you have an Apple iPhone then it is a fair bet that U2 is there ready for you to download from the cloud.....just check on iTunes.
Personally I think they have a damn cheek. I don't need Apple to decide for me what should be on my device.
Old 13-09-2014, 20:06   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
either the main board has a fault which is expensive or the remote is faulty.

take the batteries out of the remote and see if it still happens

there is a small circuit board on teh inside with the infa red reciever on it but i doubt that developed a fault but would be cheaper than a main board

ring samsung their products usually have 2 year manufacturer warranty but as iv said they can be difficult to deal with
Hes given it away. It wasn't the remote so its most likely the main board. I had read the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Personally I think they have a damn cheek. I don't need Apple to decide for me what should be on my device.
its a trade off on their part for marketing your naked selfies

Last edited by Restless; 13-09-2014 at 20:09.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 20:20   #58
Beacon of light

Oh Rob...that made me laugh.......naked selfies indeed.
I avoid having my picture taken like the plague...and I don't even look at myself undressed(dressed is bad enough......but naked Bleuuuugh! I guess the sight of that would keep the cats off the lavvy wall)
Restless likes this.
Old 13-09-2014, 20:21   #59
Beacon of light

If Apple wanted to give me some music I would choose something different to U2.
Old 13-09-2014, 21:17   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
If Apple wanted to give me some music I would choose something different to U2.
See posts 45 and 49, Margaret. Everyone worldwide with an iPhone and iPad has got the album. I've listened to it and, although not bad, it's bland.

Last edited by Michael1954; 13-09-2014 at 21:26.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..