Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2014, 21:25   #61
Beacon of light

Re: iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
As part of the launch of the new iPhone, Apple have made U2's new album available for free on their phones and iPads. Having just listened to it, I think I will get rid of the iPad and replace it with a Samsung tablet.
Yes, I had read that but thought perhaps it was just on the new phones...well except I had read in the paper that many owners of Apple devices were not impressed when the U2 album turned up on their Cloud(at least you don't have to download it if you don't want it).
As I said.....if Apple really wanted to give me some music then they should give me a choice of something I would listen to.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-09-2014, 09:26   #62
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
...if Apple really wanted to give me some music then they should give me a choice of something I would listen to.
You can't put Apple and choice in the same sentence. They know what is best for you and you damn well better like it!
Old 14-09-2014, 09:44   #63
Beacon of light

I never thought I would have any Apple product(I was a bit like Adam in the garden of Eden...seduced by an Apple)......I was averse to the brand, but I like my Apple Ipad....but also have to agree that Apple is a very perverse merchant.
Normally the customer is right...or that is how it used to be....I think it is(from my personal experience) less so today.
Many of the alternatives are similarly perverse.(but maybe less so than Apple)
Old 14-09-2014, 23:25   #64
Senior Member+

Only reason I'd buy an iPad is for music software with hardware capability/compatibility. Programs like amplitube for guitar amp modelling are only supported on iPad and would make a good travelling noise box
Old 16-09-2014, 15:26   #65
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I never thought I would have any Apple product(I was a bit like Adam in the garden of Eden...seduced by an Apple)......I was averse to the brand, but I like my Apple Ipad....but also have to agree that Apple is a very perverse merchant.
Normally the customer is right...or that is how it used to be....I think it is(from my personal experience) less so today.
Many of the alternatives are similarly perverse.(but maybe less so than Apple)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Only reason I'd buy an iPad is for music software with hardware capability/compatibility. Programs like amplitube for guitar amp modelling are only supported on iPad and would make a good travelling noise box

Me too Margaret, but over in the US in March impressed with the way the gkids were so so comfortable with them. ages 2,3 and 9. So taking advantage of the reduced prices over there bought an iPad mini.
The current Mrs P takes full advantage of FaceTime to talk and email with them, so much so I bought an iPad 2 and did her a swap so we can FT when I am away.

The speakers are pretty naff Rob, so I travel with a Kitsound Boombar offa Amazon which is great for music and BBC iPlayer programmes.
The boombar is streets ahead in terms of sound quality hooked up to my Nokia Lumia too.

Last edited by DtheP47; 16-09-2014 at 15:28.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 16:19   #66
Senior Member+

Well if I was travelling around with it. It be most likely Hooked to a pa system
Old 16-09-2014, 19:49   #67
Beacon of light

For those who have been irritated by the unwelcome gift of the U2 album...you are not alone.
Apple has been forced to add a removal tool because of the backlash of comments about this ploy.
If you have the U2 on your device and want get rid of it here is how:- follow the instructions in this link.
Here?s how to remove U2?s new album from your iPhone | Consequence of Sound
Old 17-09-2014, 09:12   #68
Senior Member+

It really shows the brainpower of the market apple products are aimed at that they need a one click removal tool
Old 17-09-2014, 10:13   #69
Beacon of light

Rob, you have to accept that there are many many people who are far less IT literate than you are.....many of these are in my generation.
Anything that helps them to feel comfortable, connected and a little more confident is to be welcomed.
My own husband has shied away from such things, but he now has an IPad mini and is beginning to see the benefits of being able to connect with the wider world.....he doesn't want to be a techie....he just wants to do the things he has an interest in......and he would not be able to remove this music without help.....come to think of it I am not entirely sure I would be able to remove it without going through the deletion of each track separately......just because you find it easy does not mean that others do.
Old 17-09-2014, 14:10   #70
Senior Member+

You prob missed the irony and your response- I don't buy that in this case. Of course I know this. My dad wouldn't even be able to click the button that would remove the album. that is none techie. The stupid locks the stupid forced to use iTunes of which gets overcomplicated each year or so. Its stupid. Removal of an album should not be as difficult as using removing a virus.

Last edited by Restless; 17-09-2014 at 14:12.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 14:54   #71
Senior Member+

By using the Phone Trans Pro it is as easy as "one click" to add or remove any music, photo or video from an iPhone or iPad. The annoying thing is that you need a third party program. It is free to download but has restrictions on how many files you can delete.
I paid for the pro version which gives me complete freedom to beat the Apple boffins.

I have the little Apple TV box screwed to the back of my TV and use it as a juke box.
All my music or photos on my iPhone appear on the TV and I can select any music I wish to hear through surround sound and have a slide show of my favourite photos.
I spend hours listening to music because most of the TV programs are so awful.
That's why I find the Phone Trans program so useful.

Me and Bobby McGee is playing just now by Kris Kristofferson, probably not your choice restless.
Old 17-09-2014, 15:38   #72
Senior Member+

For listening to music I use raspberry pi running open elec(version of xbmx),with an external hard drive added that houses the music and other media. I can control xbmc with yatsee which is an android app that controls xmbc using http webserver via wireless

Not a huge fan. But I like for the good times
Old 17-09-2014, 16:15   #73
Beacon of light

Quote:
You prob missed the irony and your response- I don't buy that in this case. Of course I know this. My dad wouldn't even be able to click the button that would remove the album. that is none techie. The stupid locks the stupid forced to use iTunes of which gets overcomplicated each year or so. Its stupid. Removal of an album should not be as difficult as using removing a virus.
I did miss the irony.......maybe it is because I am thick.
Gremlin likes this.
Old 17-09-2014, 17:04   #74
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
running open elec(version of xbmx) - Say what? - I can control xbmc with yatsee - Crivens! - that controls xmbc using http webserver via wireless - Ach Jings!
Half past 2 at Mables!
Restless likes this.
Old 17-09-2014, 17:04   #75
Beacon of light

As for Itunes Rob....I don't really listen to music on my Ipad..and i haven't bought any itunes music....I have managed quite easily to transfer stuff already bought and on my desktop to my Ipad library.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..