Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2014, 09:41   #1

iPad

I was given an iPad as a retirement present. One problem I have with it is I cannot connect a Samsung mobile phone to it via Bluetooth in order to transfer photos. Can anyone offer advice and assistance?
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-08-2014, 09:52   #2
Senior Member+

Re: iPad

I don`t think you can transfer files/photos via bluetooth on ipad unless you get an app to do it, but I think it would have to be with an iphone, ipod or another ipad.

Which Samsung phone is it? If you can install something like drop box on it you could transfer them that way.

Last edited by gpick24; 28-08-2014 at 09:58.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 10:11   #3
Senior Member+

There is an app for the iPad called Wi Fi transfer.
If you install it you then have an i.p address to type into the phone or another PC and it flips them across pretty quick.
I use it all the time, both to and from my PC or iPhone.
Another idea is to purchase a small card reader which slots into the iPad and then you put the phone memory card into it and grab your files.
Make sure you get the right size of adapter.
The later iPads and iPhones use a smaller one than the old one.

Last edited by Gremlin; 28-08-2014 at 10:14.
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 10:58   #4

Thanks to you both for the info. To save phone memory, I use both Dropbox and Google Drive for Cloud storage on my phone, so I will install them on the iPad. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S4.

I will also look into the app for WiFi transfer. My Ipad is the Mini, so I am not sure if there is a slot for a card reader, but I will check.

In view of this, what purpose does Bluetooth serve on the iPad?
Old 28-08-2014, 11:28   #5
Senior Member+

iPad

For things like Bluetooth speakers. You can get a card reader but I think you need to jailbreak your iPad to use it
Old 28-08-2014, 11:34   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

It's amazing how the most simplest and obvious thing you would want to use bluetooth for and Apple make it hard/impossible to do
accyman and Studio25 like this.
Old 28-08-2014, 11:35   #7
Senior Member+

Mine is not jail broken and it accepts the card reader.
It's just a little plastic thing about inch and a half square with a iPad connector at one side and two card slots at the other.
It was not expensive from the online retailer A.

Apple sell them so I don't think they would do if they needed a jail broken iPad to use it.
They are fare cheaper from elsewhere.
I am not sure but I think Toscos Accy store sell them
As does a shop in Ossy on the right after Ossy mills.

Last edited by Gremlin; 28-08-2014 at 11:40.
Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2014, 11:54   #8
Senior Member+

I stand corrected then, there was something about it`s use that required jailbreak, (possibly using usb keyboard) or maybe Apple have changed it with an update, it was something like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ipad card reader.JPG (23.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 28-08-2014, 12:06   #9
Senior Member+

Yes that's the gadgy.
Bluetooth works OK with a keyboard.
I have a Kensington case/stand with Bluetooth keyboard built in and there is no problem using it.
I am if course referring to the big iPad not the mini but I can't see there being any difference in the O/S or functions.
Old 28-08-2014, 13:09   #10
Senior Member+

I think we are talking about different kinds of keyboards.

https://www.musicmatter.co.uk/korg-m...FY_MtAodwEAAtA
Old 28-08-2014, 14:02   #11
Senior Member+

Ha ha. Musical ones, easy mistake
Old 28-08-2014, 22:39   #12
Senior Member+

It's just crossed my mind another way to transfer a few files to the ipad.
It's a method I used to print some photos from a friends phone.
Once your ipad is set up for email you can email the photos on the phone to yourself and receive them on the ipad. Then it's a simple job to save them to the iPads photos.
It's a slow job if you have a lot to copy but it's a start until you get a better way.
I have done it a few times for my cleaner, she had some photos of her grand kids on her phone and emailed them to me as she arrived and I printed them to my wireless printer before she left.
Good luck whatever you do.
Old 29-08-2014, 10:21   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
It's amazing how the most simplest and obvious thing you would want to use bluetooth for and Apple make it hard/impossible to do
Try getting rid of apps completely Neil, it's impossible.
My granddaughter installed a couple of games on the current Mrs P's and deleted them or at least thought she had BUT the kicker here is they can only be hidden not erased completely.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2014, 10:37   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Try getting rid of apps completely Neil, it's impossible.
My granddaughter installed a couple of games on the current Mrs P's and deleted them or at least thought she had BUT the kicker here is they can only be hidden not erased completely.
I've noticed that. I think they are saved to the ICloud.
Old 29-08-2014, 10:41   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
It's just crossed my mind another way to transfer a few files to the ipad.
It's a method I used to print some photos from a friends phone.
Once your ipad is set up for email you can email the photos on the phone to yourself and receive them on the ipad. Then it's a simple job to save them to the iPads photos.
It's a slow job if you have a lot to copy but it's a start until you get a better way.
I have done it a few times for my cleaner, she had some photos of her grand kids on her phone and emailed them to me as she arrived and I printed them to my wireless printer before she left.
Good luck whatever you do.
I've thought of that. Trouble is I have too many photos, and it would use up a lot of my monthly data allowance on my phone. Nice idea though!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..