Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2009, 17:24   #1
Fra

Is is just me or...

Just tonight my computer has started behaving oddly. When I type Yahoo! UK & Ireland into the address bar it brings me to google.com and when I click on my home button it brings me into some mozilla firefox incomplete page instead of google.co.uk, like it used to. So is it a problem with my computer, firefox or the internet?

Cheers
Fra is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-11-2009, 18:08   #2
God Member

Re: Is is just me or...

Select Internet Options in your control panel and put the URL that you want as homepage in the box provided..........That should cure it.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 19:26   #3
Fra

Well I haven't done anything to change my home page and as it happens its gone back to normal on its own accord... very strange. Yahoo is still not loading properly. I wonder if I have a virus
Old 11-11-2009, 13:59   #4

Its probably malware or adware redirecting you to a homepage of their choice, see if you can pick it up with virus scan but you are more likely to need malware and adware removal tools, it will be hiding in the registry somewhere....

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Lee
Bob97531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 20:03   #5
Fra

Seems to have mended itself now but I'll run some scans to be on the safe side. Thanks for the advice

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..