Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-07-2009, 19:58   #1

lap top mouse probs....

Anyone any ideas as to what on earth is wrong with this thing? It drives me crazy....

My lap top is HP Pavilion and has recently been away at lap top hospital for a new hard drive as there were probs with switching it on, any way, that sorted.

Before it went away, my arrow used to jump around the page a lot, clicking on and opening links on its own. Having been away and having a new hard drive I thought this prob would go away, but, it hasn't!

Anyone any ideas why it does it and what I can do to stop it??

Phil will be ringing them again and having it sent away again if no one can help!!

http://www.hyndburnramblers.co.uk/
'erindoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-07-2009, 20:20   #2
God Member

Re: lap top mouse probs....

OK, is it a mouse or teh track pad?

could be anything from your hand brushing against it to a fault within it.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2009, 14:58   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
OK, is it a mouse or teh track pad?

could be anything from your hand brushing against it to a fault within it.
track pad, and it does it when we're no were near it! we just watch it going crazy....

http://www.hyndburnramblers.co.uk/
'erindoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 08:59   #4

I'm not sure on the model , has it a nipple in the touchpad area if so disable it and see if that helps otherwise it sounds like the touchpad ist kaput and i'm not sure if replacable on that model, few are as they are melted to the underside of the keyboard it may be time to buy a mouse.
spex357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 09:17   #5
God Member

does sound like it is either a faulty nipple ( oo -er) if it has one or a dodgy trackpad. you could try disabling it in Control panel using an external mounse and see if that fixes it?

I would assume you have an installed working up to date firewall and Anti Virus in place?

Are teh clicks ' random events' or something that looks like someone 'controlling it'

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 21:47   #6

I have experienced this alot on a couple of computers and laptops , if its the same thing i had it must be software and not hardware related because everytime i moved the mouse , the cursor moved instantley to to minimize icon in the top right of the screen and generally had a mind of its own. i found that installing an up to date antivirus solved the issue.

If all else fails reinstall windows ?
sausage butty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 23:29   #7

Hmmm, sausage butty's, yeh! with HP sauce.
spex357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 09:04   #8
God Member

if its happening on most computers you touch them maybe its just the mouse settings that are set bit too sensitive

i dont use laptops often but when i do i fond teh slightest touch of the pad sends teh mouse/cursor zooming across teh screen or opening folers and applications at teh slightest touch

go into control pannel and go to mouse settings and reduce sensitivity of teh mouse speed and double click timing

edit:

oops didnt see this bit lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'erindoors View Post
track pad, and it does it when we're no were near it! we just watch it going crazy....
your haunted seek out an exorcist :-)

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 23-07-2009 at 09:07.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2009, 22:35   #9
God Member

I have a laptop and a PC which i can interchange with a USB controlled mouse.
I dont use a touchpad.
The mouse on both applications is fine providing the mouse batteries are fully charged.
If the batteries are not fully charged the mouse wanders on its own to the top of the screen and is out of control.
I have a battery charger and find it best to charge the batteries every two days...Works for me.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..